TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Randy Cutter
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Randy

Gynecomastia - May 22nd 2013, 03:24 AM

As I went through puburty, I developed what is called "gynecomastia", which essentially is more commonly known as "man boobs". I thought nothing of this as a teenager, UNTIL my sister would point it out, making fun of me. I was 13 then. Since then I have had an issue with taking my shirt off in public. In 2004, I had surgery done to correct it....didn't help. My issues was different. I didn't actually have "boobs". I had/have "puffy nipples". To this day, I hate them. I spent $3000 on surgery and couldn't get it fixed the way I wanted it.

Anyone who has ever seen it says, "You're fine" or "You're sexy", but I it doesn't feel fine or sexy. It's just frustrating. Honestly, out of all the issues I've had in my life, this is one I WISH I could kick. I know nothing is "wrong" with me. I'm just different, but my fear is that someone will say something (like my sister did), and I would completely lose it emotionally (maybe even physically). I don't know....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: Gynecomastia - May 22nd 2013, 04:46 PM

Hey, I have the same issue, had 'em since puberty. Doctors said they would eventually "go away" after hormone fluctuations ended, etc. Never did. At one point I got down to 9% body fat, nearly had a six pack, and the "moobs" were still there. So nothing to do with body fat.

I used to get teased about it, my best friend still makes fun of me occasionally. Other than that no one really says anything. I probably will never have surgery or anything, but it does make me self conscious at the beach/pool. Just be ripped enough to kick the crap out of any dude who makes fun of them, lol.

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Randy Cutter
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Randy

Re: Gynecomastia - May 22nd 2013, 09:31 PM

Yeah, I have very little fat. So I'm right there with you. It just doesn't go away. It's caused by your body creating more healthy steroids during puberty than it is suppose to. Lots of body builders take steroids to bulk up, and end up with gynecomastia (or puffy nipples). I've always been "bigger" than most. Mostly in my biceps. I feel like no one says anything now a days because I AM slightly larger. lol

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: Gynecomastia - May 23rd 2013, 05:49 AM

I had them since I was about eleven years old or so and I am proud of them. I have decent sized biceps and my legs are very nice looking, nice calves and everything. Plus, I have a six pack and everything. Yet my chest is very saggy and I look like I have breasts.

I don't care. I don't swim, I always wear a tank top to the beach, if I go shirtless I don't give a fuck to be honest. I think it helps that I'm darker skinned and they aren't really that noticeable but

I could understand your frustration after paying for surgery to correct this, yet this is still an issue. My advice to you is to probably figure out your priorities for this problem and to be frank, just be a man and get over it.

Jay also made an interesting idea. Probably work on your biceps and your arms to sort of distract your man boobs. Usually people seem intimated by a man with huge arms.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

Closed Thread