TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ComeRescueMe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Im not sure what to do.... - March 1st 2014, 04:23 PM

Im not really sure what to do..Ive been bullied almost every year of school. But never have any idea what to do about it. There is this group of guys that will talk about like the size of my chest and then they will start to be jerks to me. Theyll cuss at me and say things. And this group of middle schoolers will tease me while I am walking home and call me ugly and other mean things..I just dont know what to do. My friends saw me crying about it yesterday and kept asking what happened and who it was..but I wont tell them..

Ever since that day. You made those feelings go away. I've needed someone to show me that there's a reason to love.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Konohana Sakuya Offline
The 4 arrows stomper
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Karen

Re: Im not sure what to do.... - March 1st 2014, 04:47 PM

Hello,

I am sorry that you have to go through this. I understand that being bullied hurts, and I believe you do not deserve such bad treatment from them. I don't think they should act like a jerk.

While at times the bully may tell you not to report what they have done to you to anyone, do NOT take those words. You need to tell someone you can believe in like your parents, friends, or your school counselor. Bottling up your feelings may render you broken and it can harm your health and well-being. I think you are strong enough to open up and tell your problems here, so it's a good thing. Real-life support is more comforting, so you can consider that as well.

It is relieving that your friend cares about you. Perhaps you could tell him/her the truth about what they did to you, so he/she can come up with the best solution to help you. Noticing what is wrong with you is a sign that he/she wants to listen to you and cheer you up. She wants to protect you from them with all he/she can.

In the meantime, I just want to tell you something: "you are simply beautiful and worth it. You are still you, and you are going to make a great difference someday. Do not let anyone say otherwise."

I hope this helps, and I am always here if you need someone to talk to.

Articles Team Member // Buddy (20/01/2014 - 30/08/2014) // Associate HLM // Article Editor

Send a message via Skype™ to Konohana Sakuya 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SpecterH Offline
Average Joe

Name: Harvey S.

Re: Im not sure what to do.... - March 1st 2014, 04:52 PM

I know that this could be a tough situation for you to deal with, and that's unfortunate. This shouldn't happen to anyone, and I'm sorry that it is happening to you.

I think that the best thing to do is reach out to someone for help. I know this can be a scary and uncomfortable thing to do, but it could help you a lot. Reach out to people that you trust: family members, friends, teachers, etc. Talk to someone that you feel comfortable talking to. Sometimes, these people in our lives can provide valuable insight that can be really helpful.

I'd almost certainly reach out to a counsellor or teacher at school, since this is happening with people from school. There are certainly other forms of bullying going on in your school, and teachers and counsellors are one of the best people to deal with situations like this. Reach out to these people if you feel comfortable doing so.

The last thing I want to encourage you to do is ignore the people who are making you feel bad about yourself. I know that's a lot easier said than done, but it's something that you have to do. Focus on hanging out with your friends, and maybe join a school club or find a new hobby. Keeping yourself busy, while also getting involved with the school and meeting new people, can really help your situation and make you feel better.

Harvey Specter
Don't play the odds, play the man.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
THE FAPMAN Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mr. Fap

Re: Im not sure what to do.... - March 1st 2014, 06:19 PM

First of all, im a guy.
Second of all, ive been bullied. And i have just learned to dont give a shit.
And im worried for you. Worried because you give a shit about an oppinion of some jerk who is a fucking sadist.
Why do you care? The only oppinion that matters is YOURS. No one else matters. What you think of yourself. Thats how i roll. I dont give a shit and it serves me well. Burn him. Take a blank paper and when he says something show him the paper and say: This is the list of fucks i give.
Thatll shut him up...
Dont be shy. Stand up for yourself for fucks sake because you shouldnt relay on others to do it for you.

Good luck

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Its.Just.Angie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Angie

Re: Im not sure what to do.... - March 2nd 2014, 02:40 AM

hey
Sorry to hear about your people bullying you. I remember the time I was bullied myself. It was an awful time.

So here is what I did. First you can just ignore them and not care what they think about you and eventually they will get bored and hopefully stop. It may help a little bit, but if the words get to you they will keep going with it. Pretend you don't care.

Another option you can do is get the authorities involved like informing a teacher or someone. But this option can get scary because the outcome can vary after they get in trouble. Or I know some schools just don't care, which is awful they should care a little.

My last one is what I did and it worked for me is that I just got outta the environment. I switch schools and I'm not bullied there at the school. It's still not the best school, but hey I'm not that bugged by people anymore but I understand sometimes you can't just switch environments or move away or anything.

I hope it gets better just know if you need anyone or have other questions you can PM/VM me anytime

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Awakening Offline
L’amore vince sempre
Average Joe

Re: Im not sure what to do.... - March 2nd 2014, 04:07 AM

Hey there,

I'm sorry that you're having to deal with this. It's really difficult to handle situations like these, and it's so hurtful to be bullied like that. I've had similar experiences before and I know how hard it is. Bullying is such a common problem, so in a way that should be of some comfort to you. I know it doesn't make the bullying go away or make it hurt any less, but knowing that you're not alone in what you're dealing with can make it a little easier to face.

I want you to know that you being bullied is not your fault. It has nothing to do with your appearance, the things you like, the kind of person you are, or anything else. The problem isn't within you, it's within the people who are bullying you. They might be unhappy with themselves or have conflict in their lives and are taking it out on you. Whatever their reasoning may be, it isn't your fault and you do not deserve to be bullied. Bullies can target anyone, no matter how attractive or popular or intelligent they are. You're not being bullied because of some flaw that you have or because you don't deserve to be accepted. You're being bullied because people are immature and feel the need to be cruel to others in order to feel better about themselves. There is nothing wrong with you whatsoever. You're not the one in the wrong here.

I think it would be a good idea for you to talk to someone at your school, whether it's a teacher, a counselor, or the principal. Let somebody know what's going on so that they can look out for you and try to prevent the bullying. If they're not aware that it's going on there's not much they can do to help. But if you let them know I'm sure that they will do all that they can to help you solve the problem. Maybe they could have a talk with the boys who are bullying you or simply keep an eye out and intervene if you start getting bullied.

I think you should also try and work on ignoring them and not letting it get to you. I know that's so much easier said than done, and it's hard not to take their actions to heart. But their opinions of you shouldn't matter. Like I said before: you're not the problem...they are. If anybody should be feeling badly about themselves, it should be them. Not you. Work on building up your confidence so that any bullies or other jerks you might encounter in the future can't tear it down. Your opinion of yourself is the only one that matters, and it shouldn't be determined by what others say to you or about you. Be proud of who you are and it won't matter what anyone else says.

I hope that things get better for you soon and that you're able to work through this. Good luck

Closed Thread