TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

How do you calm yourself down knowing that bullies around the world win and get what they want? - August 3rd 2014, 07:18 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

This fact really depresses me, literally. Obviously, there are a lot of bullies that do get punished, but there are plenty who get everything they want, and if they don't, they throw a fit until they do...

How do I calm myself down?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: How do you calm yourself down knowing that bullies around the world win and get what they want? - August 3rd 2014, 01:26 PM

Hi there!

Unfortunately, there are people who get a lot of what they want handed to them and I can see how that would bother you. However, there are also plenty of people who work for what they have and take pride in doing so. Although this can be upsetting at times, I think it's important to remember that there's a little bit of good in everyone and sometimes it can be harder to see the good in some than it is to see in other people.

Additionally, looks are deceiving. Everyone is fighting a battle we don't know about and we don't see what happens behind closed doors. So no matter how perfect and lucky it looks like someone may be, that could be far from the truth. People bully for a reason, (they feel bad about themselves, they had a rough upbringing, etc) not out of the blue. Something unpleasant likely occurred to the bully themselves.

Items cannot buy happiness and even though I'm sure there are things you want but can't have, those are incentives that you can have pride in earning with jar that you save spare change in or the absence of a bad habit - however you'd like to earn something.

To calm yourself down I think distracting yourself would help. Try to fill your mind with positive thoughts instead of negative ones. Maybe take a walk or run for a change of scenery; read a book; watch a movie; watch funny videos on YouTube; call a friend to chat.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Most Likely Offline
Avete vos
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: -

Re: How do you calm yourself down knowing that bullies around the world win and get what they want? - August 3rd 2014, 02:17 PM

The biggest problem with bullies is that as long as we approach the thing peacefully and with mercy, nothing will happen. We can throw campaigns and public speeches about how much we want to deal with bullying and how radical moves we'll start, but to be honest, there is no possible way it will work. Best we can do is to teach kids how to fight back, how to deal with bullying themselves. Not only will this help them deal with bullies, but also raise their confidence, which will help them later in many, many moments of life.

Who dares - wins.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Most Likely 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Gwynbleidd Offline
Seeking Zireael
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: How do you calm yourself down knowing that bullies around the world win and get what they want? - August 5th 2014, 12:09 PM

Pretty much what Nagne said the only way to stop em is to fight back.

Tell me a lie in a beautiful way,
I believe in answers, just not today

"Ced'mil, bloede dh'oine... Hocus-pocus... Abracadabra...Arse blathanna..."

Closed Thread