TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

My ex - September 4th 2014, 04:10 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Well my ex got back in touch with me half a year ago, things were going fine between us until he started getting self centred about my bipolar disorder, said I was ignoring him on purpose and calling me a bitch. He tried to say I was attention seeking and faking my bipolar when I'm not. I didn't ask for this illness. I would do anything to get rid of it but I know it will never happen.
So every time I go quiet ( which I don't realise I am doing ) he accuses me of ignoring him and accuses me of being the bully. I have swings but I go really quiet when I do but he just doesn't seem to understand.
I don't know whether to walk away from being friends with the way he is treating me.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Re: My ex - September 4th 2014, 06:09 PM

Tell him how you feel; if he takes that into consideration and comes to an understanding with you that's good, but if he just ignores your explanation and keeps calling you stuff then walk away from your friendship.

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Re: My ex - September 4th 2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
Tell him how you feel; if he takes that into consideration and comes to an understanding with you that's good, but if he just ignores your explanation and keeps calling you stuff then walk away from your friendship.
I have already tried to talk to him but he thinks its my fault that I have got it, I really do need to walk away from the friendship, don't even know why he came back in the first place and pretended he had changed.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: My ex - September 4th 2014, 06:34 PM

You're right, you didn't choose to have this illness and there are parts of it that you just aren't in control of. In my opinion, you shouldn't have to explain that you didn't choose this and that you aren't actually ignoring him. You can always explain it one final time and explain it in a stern manner; let him know that if he continues to treat you this way you will back out of the friendship. Whether or not you want try and talk to him about this one more time is up to you, but do what is right for you. If you know that this friendship isn't healthy for you, then maybe you should cease contact.

He is trying to guilt trip you for things you do not have control over and that is unfair. Remember that you are not the bully in this situation. Although he thinks you are faking your illness, you know the truth and no-one can take that away from you.

Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Re: My ex - September 4th 2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idyllic. View Post
You're right, you didn't choose to have this illness and there are parts of it that you just aren't in control of. In my opinion, you shouldn't have to explain that you didn't choose this and that you aren't actually ignoring him. You can always explain it one final time and explain it in a stern manner; let him know that if he continues to treat you this way you will back out of the friendship. Whether or not you want try and talk to him about this one more time is up to you, but do what is right for you. If you know that this friendship isn't healthy for you, then maybe you should cease contact.

He is trying to guilt trip you for things you do not have control over and that is unfair. Remember that you are not the bully in this situation. Although he thinks you are faking your illness, you know the truth and no-one can take that away from you.

Feel free to message me if you need anything!
I will try talking to him one more time
When we were together he was the type of person who got jealous over anything, I would get attached to a character in a tv series and he would get really jealous.
I think he starting to get jealous again, he already knows I never want to get back with him again.
He knows I would love to stay as friends but its not going to happen if he keeps bullying me because he thinks I'm faking everything.
Closed Thread