TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mr_Awesome Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: John Smith

Fitting In... - October 28th 2014, 12:44 AM

I'm not even sure is this is the right place to voice my problem but I trust that this is it. Well, I've been having problems with "friends". On Instagram, teens my age are always posting pics about parties, and hanging out, while I stare with envy. I'm not a COMPLETELY awkward, anti-social teen (though it feels like it sometimes) I just can't help but feel alienated from everyone. I have a very close group of friends who do invite me to things, and a lot of other people, yet I want to feel liked, appreciated, respected, valued,etc. I'm also insecure about myself in general. Somedays I like the way I look, other days I feel like crying. Maybe I'm just being a teen. What do you guys think? (And if this is in the wrong category, please feel free to change me.)

Thank You.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CookieMonster :D
Not a n00b

Name: Yaii

Re: Fitting In... - October 28th 2014, 01:10 AM

Hi John!
First of all my name is Yaii, very nice to meet you!
I believe you are liked and appreciated by your friends, i just don't think YOU appreciate yourself. You have to give yourself some credit, im sure your a great guy but you fail to see that.
You should try talking to more people, not just limiting yourself to a small group of friends, go out there, say hello, smile and become friends. I know..its hard sometimes.
Don't over think or put yourself down, remember everyone is unique and beautiful in their own way.

BUBBLES
Life Is Like a Rollercoaster
It has its ups and downs.
But its your choice to scream or enjoy the ride.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Fitting In... - October 28th 2014, 03:39 PM

Hey John!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. PurpleBubble ♥ View Post
i just don't think YOU appreciate yourself.
This is a really good point. I'm glad you have a close group of friends! Sometimes, having a close group of friends is better than having a lot of friends that aren't close, you know? You can count more on a close friend when you need them. If you're friends are inviting you to places that means they want to bring you along, so you are appreciate and respected by them! And, by going out with your friends, you're trying to put yourself out there and trying is all you can do. Try to give yourself a little more credit. I agree with what was said above; maybe you can join some clubs or after school activities so you can meet more people with your interests. Continue to be yourself because you're liked just the way you are. People like you more for you and who you are. If looking at those pictures bother you, I suggest to stop looking at them to keep them out of your mind. Instead, try looking at some positive quotes - you can even put some up around your room! Try telling yourself positive things and I'm sure that you'll begin to believe them within time. Maybe you can purchase a few new clothing items to make you feel more confident in yourself.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread