TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Staypositive Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Brianna

Didaskaleinophobia - February 27th 2015, 09:18 PM

to all the fucking idiots who think there is no such thing as a phobia of going to school, wake the fuck up and research shit before saying my best friend is "retarded" and that is why she doesn't like school. these assholes at her school are tormenting her every single day, giving her hell. all because she has a phobia of school. they need to stop their shit. im sick of her emailing me in tears because of idiots at her school. they have her wanting to move. they call her names, they hit her, they pushed her down the stairs last week. her fucking teachers and dumbass principal just ignore her when she reports it. as if she didn't have a difficult enough time before.
I do not know what school this is. I live in another state. I do know it is somewhere in the pacific time zone. she wont tell me what school or even what state she is in because these assholes have her so intimidated.

BULLYING NEEDS TO FUCKING STOP.

and yes im very pissed.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Re: Didaskaleinophobia - February 28th 2015, 12:36 AM

I'm sorry your friend has been going through this. No one deserves to get bullied and teased like this. I understand that I don't know the situation on a personal level, but has your friend tried talking to her parents about it more? If her parents are supportive of her, maybe they could consider on online homeschooling program, or even bring this matter up with the school board.

I know that there isn't much you can do, being so far away, but it seems to me like you truly care about your friend, and that you want to protect her. Just keep reminding her how lovely she is everyday, and allow her to know that you are always going to be there to support her. Uplift her and always remind her that everything is gonna be okay. I really hope things start getting better for her. If you need anything else, feel free to PM/VM me anytime.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Staypositive Offline
Not a n00b

Unhappy Re: Didaskaleinophobia - February 28th 2015, 04:16 AM

Her parents tell her to "get over it" and "its not that bad". They are turning a blind eye to this. And i do tell her that. Every time she emails me, i tell her how wonderful she is and i tell her i will always be here for her. And i am. I dont think i have ever not responded to her emails within the hour. I always say positive things about her and i actually wrote a poem for her about it. Pretty sure its the last thing i copied and pasted, so i will put it here:

Those nights that crying is your only vice
The kids at school are never nice
Those nights are the worst by far, you dont know what to do
Just know that i will always be here for you.
I know your heart is breaking from all the pain
But it couldnt be any more plain
That you are wonderful, beautiful, just as you are
You are better than those idiots, by far.
Those tears on your face, they fall down, because
When they fall, it gets rid of a drop of the pain that was
You feel you gotta hide the real you from everyone.
You feel like you just want this bullying to be done.
But those words they call you, dont describe or define
The beautiful friend that inside yourself you confine.
Afraid to show the true person you are
But just remember you are a beautiful, smart, shining star.
You know, im always right here, feel free to talk to me.
Someday, from this hell you will be free.

Its not very good, but i end up sending it to her a lot because she thinks it is the best poem ever. She has read every poem i ever wrote, which i have quite a few. Although very few have (or ever will be) shared with anybody else. Mainly because im horrid at poems, yet still insist on writing them. Anyway, before i go off on a tangent, im going to stop typing.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Didaskaleinophobia - February 28th 2015, 10:04 PM

Hey,

I think it's nice of you to be so supportive of your friend. The poem that you wrote for her is really sweet. Maybe once and a while you can send her funny YouTube videos or humorous pictures for her to look at as well. It's so easy to click from one video to the next and they serve as a good distraction! I know animal videos in particular can be pretty uplifting to watch.

While it's nice of her to lean on you, try and encourage her to lean on others too so she has a large amount of people to support her. If her parents and the school staff are not supportive of her bullying reports, see if she can go to someone of even higher authority. Maybe she can consider speaking to her guidance counselor about her feelings as well. Let her know that it's important to express her feelings in a healthy way such as blogging or journaling.

You can also tell her about this website. This website is a safe haven for so many people and she might like it here.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Staypositive Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Didaskaleinophobia - March 1st 2015, 12:50 AM

I have told her she needs this site. And i do send her youtube stuff. And she has a journal, and does talk to her guidance counselor, who is also turning a blind eye to all this. Im the only person she feels like she can talk to because nobody else even bothers to listen. Ive also recommended a bullying support group if there is one near her. I send her uplifting quotes and hive her names of songs that are uplifting/funny.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Didaskaleinophobia - March 1st 2015, 08:53 PM

I'm glad that you told her about TeenHelp. Hopefully she'll join or take a look around but that is a decision she has to make for herself when she's ready. I think you should continue to encourage her to tell people about what she's going through because even though she is having trouble finding people who will listen, I can guarantee that someone will listen and take her seriously. It just takes a while to find that person sometimes.

You're a great friend and she is really lucky to have you!

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread