TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Scared to not wear makeup - October 18th 2015, 11:24 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Its got to the point where I am really scared not to wear makeup if I go out somewhere. People always call me fat and ugly and it makes matters worse. Everywhere I go I have to wear makeup as I feel really comfortable. I don't see why people have to bully other people just because they don't wear makeup.
This is me without makeup

Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: Scared to not wear makeup - October 18th 2015, 06:43 PM

Hiya Michaela,

I understand how you are feeling and that you feel you don't want to leave the house without make-up, however, you really don't need to wear it as you are really pretty. Instead of just going out without any make-up on, maybe at first you could try wearing a little less make-up than you usually do. Then you could gradually reduce the amount of make-up you wear at a rate that you are comfortable at instead of just going out without any on.

I hope this helps, I'm here if you want to talk

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Scared to not wear makeup - October 18th 2015, 06:54 PM

I have rosacea so I totally understand not feeling comfortable without makeup. What I started doing that I recommend is instead of wearing foundation every day, try wearing just powder and see how you feel. It will help you feel covered, but it's lighter and can help you start feeling more comfortable with less on. You look totally fine without makeup and I also want to say it's brave of you to post that picture if you feel uncomfortable without makeup. That's a good step in itself!

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Scared to not wear makeup - October 18th 2015, 10:58 PM

I am sorry people say such rude things to you when you aren't wearing make-up. No make-up is more natural but regardless, wearing make-up or not wearing it is a personal choice of your own. And you shouldn't have to feel as you have to wear it or you will get rude comments. Sadly, some people will always find flaws to nitpick on, the thing is, it doesn't define you and as hard as it might be, try not to listen to them and do what makes you happy. You are a human being and all humans are imperfect. Everyone has flaws and everyone has good qualities as well and so do you.

As Nicole said, you are very brave for posting this even though you feel insecure. You look fine without make-up. You don't need make-up so my opinion is to wear it when you feel like it, not because you feel like you have to just to feel accepted. Perhaps you could try Jenny's idea of gradually reducing how much make-up you put on until you feel comfortable naturally?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Scared to not wear makeup - October 19th 2015, 07:38 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry people have made you feel like this. You look lovely without make-up, you honestly don't need to wear it. Maybe you could just try to wear the bare minimum. Just try to wear the make-up you really feel uncomfortable without. I hate going out without make-up, but I've got more confident in the last few years.

Try not to worry about what others think of you, life is too short to let others dictate your life.

Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Re: Scared to not wear makeup - October 19th 2015, 09:06 PM

Thanks guys, the advice has been great
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
hello_goodbye Offline
404 Error
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Scared to not wear makeup - October 20th 2015, 11:22 AM

You look great! But society sucks. And it's wrong anyway- why should someone have spread chemicals on their face to be deemed "acceptable"??? Don't give in to peer pressure! They have allowed themselves to be trapped in the system, don't fall in yourself! There are loads of people who agree with you and I out there, you just have to find them!

EDIT: Just looked at your profile pic. Personally I think you look better without makeup! But I approve of the "GEEK" jumper, I have a mug (cup, not face!) like that!

EDIT TWO: Nice hair! I have ginger friend. Ginger is cool! But his sis dyes hers blonde.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Scared to not wear makeup - October 20th 2015, 12:38 PM

People have this weird obsession with make up. Like, men don't wear makeup so I don't see why it's made out to be makeup = beauty when people race about guys good looks. Any how, my point is people can be mean and cruel for reasons that don't really have anything to do with you, you just got caught in the crossfire of them having an awful life. You shouldn't be afraid to not wear makeup, no matter what. You deserve to feel pretty no matter what makeup is or isn't on your face. What you could do is wear the bare minimum. If you do the whole 9 yards now, maybe stop wearing eye shadow and eye liner. Just mascara on your lashes. Once your comfortable with that, maybe stop with the mascara, just use concealer and powders etc. I know that I only wear foundation/concealer stuff in the fall and winter lots to protect my skin from getting too dry and no one can really even tell its on but it can give me that little extra boost of confidence knowing it's helping to conceal that pimple or what have. You deserve to feel pretty and confident no matter what, so I hope that this will help.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#9 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Associate HelpLINK Mentor
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Scared to not wear makeup - October 23rd 2015, 12:10 AM

I'm going out on a limb here, but I saw the photo you posted in your make-up thread and actually, I think you look much prettier without it. I'm not just saying this!

Ignore people who say mean things. You don't need that nonsense in your life.

Be kind to yourself.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
The Doctors Wolf
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Moon

Talking Re: Scared to not wear makeup - November 3rd 2015, 03:18 AM

You are beautiful dont letothers push you down

I am a lone wolf
Misunderstood
And labeled to be dangerous

Were all stories in the end
Just make it a good one eh?

(#11 (permalink)) Old
MyersDavid Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shaira Myers

Re: Scared to not wear makeup - November 3rd 2015, 08:04 AM

My advice with you is wear simple and natural makeup.

Closed Thread