TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hodgeheg Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,497, Level: 10 Points: 5,497, Level: 10 Points: 5,497, Level: 10

Scared of parents' reactions to grades - November 20th 2015, 04:08 PM

(reposted from education and careers)

My report card's coming out in 2 days and I'm really scared of it... I've already calculated all my grades (using Excel) and I know that they are not good. I'm more scared on how will my parents react to them because I know that they are a significant drop from my grades in the first grading period (this is the second grading period). I know that it's my fault because I didn't take studying seriously during the first few weeks because I was too happy about my first grading period grades. My grades are still comparatively high but I have a few not very high ones. For example, in two subjects I dropped 6 percentage points and 5 percentage points.

Also, all my testpapers have already been returned, so it's easy to calculate my grades. If I tell my mom about my grades when I receive the report card, she might think I'm trying to hide my current situation because I already know my grades.But the truth is that I just learned about some of my grades a few days ago even if the second grading period technically ended more than a month ago... I'm really confused on what to do... I have a short school break for 2 more days then it's back to school and that's when the report card will be given. And knowing my parents they know exactly when the report cards are distributed and so and so on...

I really don't know what to do right now... They might get really angry at me when they see my report card. This is especially when we are in the car where my mom would get really angry without thinking. And sometimes my mom gets into mood bursts or something when she just gets really angry and then throws a fit, but these are very rare. However, these could happen any time and I could nto predict them. Any advice please??? Any advice would be wonderful...

Also in one of the subjects I really don't know what is the teacher thinking when he did the grading system. He made one simple assignment worth 50% of the grade, and I got a C there so it pulled my A+ average in the class to a B. And many people also did not do very well there. I forwarded my conern to the supervisor but I haven't received any feedback and the report card would be out in two days...

Lastly, I have the problem regarding my conduct grade.... My conduct grade for the first grading period was not good and then when my mom talked to the teachers, they explained what I am doing in class that relates to bad hygiene and peeking at other peoples' private things... So after the meeting I tried to aviod these things but I am not sure if the teachers still think that I still do these, so I don't know if my conduct grade will improve or not. Also there is a teacher where I had an incident with and then she said that the incident would adversely affect my conduct grade. Also the supervisor said the same thing to me after she heard that I was sleeping in class in one of the classes. But it's very funny that the supervisor said that she would not get very angry if someone else does that because she holds me to a higher standard (I don't know why, and this seems totally unfair...) Also if I go 2 more notches below my current conduct grade I would be out of the honor system. I also don't know how serious are the teachers' threats. When the same teacher said that to me last year, there was no effect at all to my conduct grade. So I don't know what would happen this year. I am also scared of my parents' reaction to my conduct grade.

So... any advice?

P.S. This is not really related to the report card thing but one thing that negatively influenced my grades for the second grading period is that I was (i don't know how do you call it) depressed fora week in the middle of it, and coincidentally in that week there were a lot of heavily-weighted assignments.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35

Re: Scared of parents' reactions to grades - November 20th 2015, 04:31 PM

Duplicate thread, user PM'd and in User Notes.

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.
Closed Thread