TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Eesha123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Eesha

Rumours - April 14th 2016, 03:45 PM

Hey guys, some of you might have seen my post In January about lesbian rumours. Well it's still going on and my friends have been distancing themselves from me because of what people are saying. Also, when I try and talk to people they ignore me and they clearly looked at me and heard that I said hi. I've heard people say that I'm a 'failed abortion' 'dumb' , 'stupid' . They've said that they want to stab me and I honestly want to break down and just cry and not go to school. I don't know what I honestly done that's made everyone hate me, like more than half the year have never talked to me and don't know me personally , yet their spreading all these things about me. I don't know what to do telling the teachers about the lesbian rumours at least hasn't stopped these people from saying that I'm lesbian, (which I'm not) and even if I was it wouldn't change me as a person.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Rumours - April 15th 2016, 09:49 AM

You are right, that sexuality doesn't define a person, and even though you aren't a lesbian, those comments sound pretty nasty. It's also sad to see that your friends have distanced themselves from you. Have you tried talking to them and asking about the distance?

It might be a good idea to tell a teacher that it's still going on. Schools in the UK often have a 'zero tolerance for bullying' policy so they should take your concerns seriously. Is it possible to change classes too, so that you can be away from those people that are spreading the rumours? You shouldn't have to put up with bullying and you shouldn't have to feel that school isn't a safe place either. Hope things get sorted soon for you.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Rumours - April 15th 2016, 06:02 PM

Hey there,

I can understand why this is getting you down, I do remember you post some time ago about these rumours. These people saying horrible things about you are clearly bullies and they are obviously insecure about themselves and have nothing better to do than try to make your life difficult. If speaking to teachers hasn't done much good then maybe it is time to take this further and bring the issue up with you head of year, deputy head or head of the school because something has got to give, you shouldn't have to deal with this every day and you shouldn't have to go into school in fear. Have your parents brought these issues up with your school or have you not told your parents about what's going on? If you haven't it could be a good idea to let them know what is happening, I'm sure they wouldn't be happy to know what is happening to you every day at school, maybe the school would take a complaint from your parents a bit more seriously.

Have you thought about looking at changing schools, you shouldn't have to consider this because your school should have had this in hand a long time ago, but if you are finding things as difficult as it sounds then now could be a good time to look at starting fresh and going to a new school. You shouldn't have to live like this, no one deserves to be bullied.

Sexuality shouldn't even come into it, but unfortunately children can be nasty and they can be cruel and they know how to hit the mark and hurt someone sometimes. Keep strong and keep your head held up, you know the truth about you and even if you were a lesbian it shouldn't matter to anyone else.

I wish you the best of luck and I'm here if you need anyone to speak to
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

(#4 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Rumours - April 16th 2016, 02:28 AM

I'm sorry to hear about this, it sounds like school is an unsafe place for you right now and that's not fair to you. If teachers aren't listening to you, it might be worth talking to someone higher up, like a guidance counselor or a principal. I know rumors spread quickly but if you know of the main people who started it, you could list the names of those people as well.

I do like the suggestion of changing schools. I know changing schools can be difficult but if you're able to change to another school, it might help you feel safer and you'll probably be able to focus better as well.

Hang in there.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Re: Rumours - April 16th 2016, 09:50 AM

First of all, you always need to remember that you don't deserve this, and that you're not in the wrong. I'm afraid I don't have much advice to give, apart from talk to someone higher up, do your best to ignore any nasty comments, remind yourself that you have done nothing wrong, and do your best to keep your confidence. Other than that, the other commenters have made some really good points which would be good to follow.

I hope things work out!

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Eesha123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Rumours - April 18th 2016, 04:48 PM

Thanks for all the replies you guys, really appreciate it I'm just going to do my best to ignore what people are saying about me and to focus on my studies. But the thing is, is that this was my new school that I started last June

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Rumours - April 21st 2016, 04:00 PM

I'm glad you're doing your best to ignore it and still focusing on your studies. Do you have any friends outside of the school? If you do, perhaps you could make an effort to hang out with them after school, even if it's just getting together to do homework together. That way even though things are bad in school you'll still have some people there for you and a bit of a social life. It won't solve the problem in school but it might help you feel a bit better.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. I was bullied in school as well and it's a horrible experience. It doesn't last forever though, I promise.

Take care

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Eesha123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Smile Re: Rumours - April 21st 2016, 05:21 PM

Yep I have friends outside of school and I'll definetely try to meet up with them sometime soon Yeah I always tell myself that it doesnt last forever and to just keep on going

Closed Thread