TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Powrad Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Threatened over Phone, Thinking of Contacting Police - May 13th 2016, 05:49 PM

Hey guys, lets see if this is helpful?
So at my high school I had a good friend...let's call her Bella to protect the innocent. We texted and were OK, she said she wanted to hang out so I tried to plan something. The last time I hung out with anyone outside of school was when i was about 12...and I'm 17 now. So suddenly she goes silent. after that I text every so often "Hey" to her number...nothing special.

Then on my brothers birthday, which is in February I receive a text from a number I don't recognize telling me to stop contact with her and another friend of mine (lets call her Martha). After asking around I figure out it's from Bella's boyfriend (lets call him Mike). So after a series of text, which involved a LOT of threats on my life and moments from me I'm not proud of, I conceded and left Bella alone.

Now we reach this week, I was walking to the bus and saw Bella, she said Hi and I needed to confirm if what she thought those months back were true. And she said they were not and all of them were blowing it WAY out of proportion, she also said I should tell Martha to not tell Mike that she saw me with her. Apparently Martha was Mike's eyes at my school. While I left for the bus I notice I received a call from a number I did not recognize and sure enough it was Mike, saying I promised not to talk to Bella, I gave in and said I wouldn't again unless contacted by her first (I offered her my number...she said some of our other friends have it).

The kicking point was yesterday, I wanted to get a book for another friend of mine (Lets call her Pam) because it was her birthday. I go to my favorite bookstore and apparently, I didn't know this, Bella worked there. I asked her if they had the book, she looked on the computer, didn't find it, I left, A typical costumer service encounter. Then Mike called again saying I was a lowly creep and if I ever go into that bookstore again he will beat me up.

I am sick of being threatened and I am sick of being lied to...I am seriously considering contacting the police about Mike, please help if you have any advice ASAP before I do something I regret

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DomoKay Offline
Fire behind her eyes
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kelsey

Re: Threatened over Phone, Thinking of Contacting Police - May 13th 2016, 08:33 PM

So, disclaimer, I am not a lawyer, but I have had experience with dealing with legal stuff. First thing? Document, document, document!!! Save all of these interactions, especially ones that are endangering you. Your safety is important!!! The more stuff you have to back up your claims, the easier and more straightforward it will (hopefully) be. If they are threatening you, I would definitely suggest getting some outside help. Is there someone you can talk to at school that could help you maneuver all of this?? I'm not sure if this exists at your school, but I am in college and we have a Student Conduct team that helps students with scenarios like this. You are always welcome to go to the police first, but sometimes this can be a little intimidating and frustrating process to deal with without support. Does that make sense? I think it is totally valid to want to contact the police, and for your own safety, I agree you need to contact someone about it. Maybe you could try and talk to a teacher or guidance counselor to see what resources exist for you? Please message me with any more questions, I would be happy to help. Hang in there <3

we've escaped our capture

Laugh loudly, sing like no one's listening, dance like no one's watching, stay in the moment, get that adrenaline pumpin', deep breaths, be easy on yourself <3 PM me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Threatened over Phone, Thinking of Contacting Police - May 19th 2016, 09:47 AM

My advice is all the above (so I won't repeat it), and a bit extra:

Carry something sharp, that ideally is also legal. Or maybe something else too. Pepper spray perhaps? Walk around prepared. Mentally prepared too. Prepared to do whatever is necessary to protect yourself. From what you've described, I doubt he is bluffing. If it ever comes to the worst, and he does "confront" you before police manage to intervene, and it gets violent... don't fight him on his terms. Don't give him a "fair fight". None of this "fists only" nonsense. Instead, do whatever is necessary to protect yourself. This isn't a pissing contest, or a "battle of the males" or some other "animal planet" bullshit. You're dealing with an unpredictable nutcase.

A "lowly creep"? Is that what he called you? I'm surprised. From everything you have described, he is one himself.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by BDF; May 19th 2016 at 11:20 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: Threatened over Phone, Thinking of Contacting Police - May 20th 2016, 01:51 AM

I agree with the above poster. Carry a legal form of defense. Keys in between fingers work great too. Consider investing in self defense classes. Ideally something like Krav Maga or Systema that are designed to be brutal and effective.
Also, I would lodge a complaint with the cops ASAP. If you have those texts or anything, show the cops and get a complaint lodged.

Closed Thread