TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount27

Edit avatar

Exclamation Might have just cyberbullied - August 24th 2017, 02:23 AM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Ugh so...I don't know if this person was intentionally trying to troll me or not. I actually said that I thought she was a troll and she didn't reply...it also seems that she was intentionally trying to provoke me. She said "I hate gays" and I am gay (used to identify as transgender but I'm comfortable as female now)...and I got really pissed off and I felt like starting a fight so I said "And we hate you too"
Her: Good
Also her: Suggesting that I should perform oral sex on her in a crude way
And I said hell no, because she was ****ing psychotic
Umm...then I don't remember what happened. I think I said that if she hates gays, why did she want gay sex? And she didn't answer me. She told me to do it again, I think but to meet up with her too.
I said:
Lol
I'm in love~
Because I'd recently found a girl who liked me back and I felt the need to defend my tiny blossoming relationship. But, I did also ask if she had ever felt love or if she was just cold and dead inside...
She said that she didn't feel anything much anymore
And I said that maybe she should take her meds (assuming she had them)
Her: Maybe I should take a life
I think this is the point where I said I felt like I was being trolled but I told her again to take medication if she needed it
And I said that it's okay to take medication, I take it too because of hateful people.
Then she was like, "Omg we should swap meds" and that she hates herself
I said to get medication and take it instead of taking her own life or the lives of others and she didn't answer me back
Like I don't know, I feel really paranoid now? I was trying to change her point of view while simultaneously being a smartass but it got dark and I feel bad now.
Should I worry about it or not?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: Might have just cyberbullied - August 24th 2017, 04:35 AM

Hey there,

It does sound like there was an intense conflict but it didn't occur to me as you bullying her. I also am under the impression that she is struggling deeply and isn't really a troll but what she said was very inappropriate and naturally you'd be feeling provoked. I know I would too, if someone told me they hate gays and then pressured for sex, for meeting in person and to do something highly illegal and dangerous like swapping meds.

I don't know her age, but it does sound like she feels bored, empty and lonely. And making subtle remarks about suicide can mean she is putting on an act of aggression that deflrcts that she feels depressed inside. Maybe she is gsy herself but is ashamed. That's how it came across to me. It seemed like she was crying out for help because she is hurting inside but she wasn't doing it in a healthy way for either of you.
Try to not feel bad about it. You can apologize about calling her psychotic if you feel safe to do so but it ia really up to you. I think that's the only part where maybe it wasn't the best thing to say. Not just to her but to anyone. Psychosis isn't a fancy way of saying mean, wrong, immature etc and I would stay away from using clinical or mental health labels on people as a way to say they hurt you.
You can try being more direct such as "that is very inappropriate. " Well that's what I would say and then remove myself from the situation.
It doesn't sound like she cares for an explanation or really cares about how youre feeling. It sounds she is pretty set in her waya and for people like that, I would just not fuel it more. Whatever "it" may be, whether trolling or just the receiving end of someone having a bad day. which I truly think it is the latter in this situation. But doesn't make it any less toxic or hurtful.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Might have just cyberbullied - August 30th 2017, 04:29 AM

It sounds like you had an interaction with someone who was intentionally trying to push your buttons for some reason. I would not worry about this particular incident because it is unlikely that she will be effected by it. However, for your own well-being, I would suggest that you do not engage in conversations with people who are intentionally trying to start conflict.

I have had instances where people do this. I shared something with someone today on a facebook group and they got kind of combative. They didn't want to hear what I was saying. They got aggressive and so I told them "I am done. I was simply trying to help. It is your choice whether or not you listen." The person ended up blocking me and that does happen because some people can't handle you standing your ground while simultaneously disengaging with them.

That being said, fighting with people online and engaging with people who intentionally want to harm you is not worth the frustration and mental anguish it can cause.

I hope that this helped and best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread