TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26

Unhappy Bullying at school - October 20th 2018, 03:19 PM

[SIZE="a"]So ever since I've started school in September (I'm in sixth form) I've been feeling really uncomfortable in my classes. The reason is, is that people in my classes say 'indirect' things towards me in order to get a reaction out of me and it happens constantly in 2 of my classes but especially in 1 particular class. The rumours have been that I have a 'mental illness', I'm a lesbian which isn't true at all and also its so just disgusting but that I'm a 'child predator' and it started off as the boys just saying this stuff but now its everyone and I don't know what to do. I've spoke to my director of 6th form about it and he said to report to him whenever I hear anything but now its like everyone is talking about me. I've told my parents and they told me that these people are jealous because their was an instance of a girl saying directly to me that 'I think I'm something special just because I wear makeup' and I've literally never spoke to her or most of these people (as they are new and have transferred from other schools). I've spoke to one of my friends who I trust about this and she said she understands and she gave me some good advice but its really hard when now its basically like the whole school knows about me as even the youngers run away from me and I don't know what to do as I'm seen as some sort of safe guarding issue when I'm not Please if any1 can give me any advice on what I should do please let me know as I'm not sure if that I keep reporting what people are saying is going to help and I was considering if maybe I should go college[/size]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Doglover2 Offline
Just a hooman
Average Joe

Name: Me
Pronouns: She/they/he

Points: 7,397, Level: 12 Points: 7,397, Level: 12 Points: 7,397, Level: 12

Re: Bullying at school - October 22nd 2018, 05:37 AM

6th grade wasn't fun for me either.
Have to tried talking to the principal?
Since they are rumors and you are reporting it, it won't go on your record.
Do you know what may have triggered it?

I can reach out
To someone not like me
If you ask for help it doesn't make you weak
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Wobr Bobr Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,458, Level: 7 Points: 2,458, Level: 7 Points: 2,458, Level: 7

Re: Bullying at school - October 29th 2018, 06:20 PM

So sad. Hope you'll overcome it
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
AlexanderMeany Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,400, Level: 7 Points: 2,400, Level: 7 Points: 2,400, Level: 7

Re: Bullying at school - October 30th 2018, 01:00 PM

Bullying at school is very bad, this process needs to be monitored by the teachers, when I was in school everything was good, I was writing research papers for students, you will EDITED , I will be happy to help everyone who turns to me.

Last edited by Ennui.; November 13th 2018 at 03:33 AM. Reason: off topic - spam
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
bunnyhabit Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shasha

Points: 3,878, Level: 9 Points: 3,878, Level: 9 Points: 3,878, Level: 9

Re: Bullying at school - November 1st 2018, 05:35 PM

Best suggest is to ignore them. bullies are looking for your reaction for self satisfaction. if you don't react they will either get physical or move on to someone else for harassment. If they get physical you will have proof of bulling for school administration
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Uledankrlia Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,389, Level: 7 Points: 2,389, Level: 7 Points: 2,389, Level: 7

Re: Bullying at school - November 12th 2018, 05:21 AM

Do not tolerate it - turn to someone for help! Do not be patient!
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lexi

Points: 2,753, Level: 7 Points: 2,753, Level: 7 Points: 2,753, Level: 7

Re: Bullying at school - November 14th 2018, 11:44 PM

Bullying unfortunately occurs at just about every school and it sounds like you do what your supervisor tells you to do and he/she is really doing nothing about it. Tell your parents they really need to get more involved if they are willing to do that. Like maybe they need to go and talk directly to this supervisor to set a fire under his ass. I get slut shamed a lot at my school and pretty much nothing gets done. Also my mom doesn't care enough to do anything about it so I deal with it now by pretty much ignoring it or if I want making a sarcastic remark back.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: Bullying at school - November 15th 2018, 07:12 PM

Hey,
I am so sorry you are going through this. I know how much bullying hurts I had to deal with it all through school

Even though everyone has joined in on bullying you, I would still talk to the director of the sixth forum and tell him what everyone is saying. I would also tell them that it has gotten worse. I sounds like they really do want to help you.

If it doesn't get better, I would keep a journal and write down everything people are saying to you and their name if you know it. That way you have a record if what they say and I would take that to the director as well.

I really hope some of this advice has helped you, even if it was just a little bit.
Your friend,
Frankie<3
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
RORO Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 2,996, Level: 8 Points: 2,996, Level: 8 Points: 2,996, Level: 8

Re: Bullying at school - November 17th 2018, 12:04 AM

I am so sorry this is occurring for you. Bullying is such n awful thing and that is why I choose to be part of my schools chapter of Teens against Bullying.We hold talks with kids and parents and also school administrators on issues and it does help things a little, but unfortunately don't get rid of it completely. Back in my first attempt of 9th grade when I had to go into treatment for ED and substance abuse and eventually came back to school I was targeted by bullies mostly girls at my school who knew I struggled with body image and an ED and was in treatment and they would call me fat and make puking sounds behind my back and laugh. I have been taught to not necessarily ignore the problem, but to face the problem by taking positive action such as making people aware through public meetings that we have with Teens against Bullying.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: No Name

Points: 3,410, Level: 8 Points: 3,410, Level: 8 Points: 3,410, Level: 8

Re: Bullying at school - December 1st 2018, 08:55 PM

Bullying is unfortunately out of control at schools and pretty much all over the place. Really the most effective way to handle it is to make a trusted adult aware that it is occurring right when you see it happening or it is happening to you. I think the worst thing to do is trying to take things into your own hands. Especially in someone like my case who is very petite and only 5 feet tall.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
*Poppy* Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mackenzie

Points: 2,875, Level: 8 Points: 2,875, Level: 8 Points: 2,875, Level: 8

Re: Bullying at school - December 8th 2018, 04:37 PM

So sorry you are a victim of bullying. It is sad the people get enjoyment making others miserable. You should not stand for it and should immediately turn to someone in authority at your school that can handle this and the kids doing this. It needs to stop.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Tattooed*Heart Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Christina

Points: 3,050, Level: 8 Points: 3,050, Level: 8 Points: 3,050, Level: 8

Re: Bullying at school - December 12th 2018, 01:23 AM

Bullying should never be something let to linger. The more it lingers the worse it gets. The school I go to has a zero policy for bullying. If someone is caught or reported by more than one person to be bullying than are suspended for 3 days. If it happens for a 2nd time they're suspended for 10 days and a third expelled.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain
I've been here a while

Name: Lucy

Points: 20,816, Level: 20 Points: 20,816, Level: 20 Points: 20,816, Level: 20

Re: Bullying at school - December 13th 2018, 08:40 PM

Sending love and hugs

private message & visitor message
I'm here for you, if you need to talk.

“I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.”
Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
~Scooter~ Offline
2 Angels are watching over me.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Scott

Points: 2,863, Level: 8 Points: 2,863, Level: 8 Points: 2,863, Level: 8

Re: Bullying at school - December 16th 2018, 01:42 AM

It is sad the bullying is overlooked by administrators in some schools until sometimes it is too late. I have watched a TV Show called 13 Reasons Why which deals specifically with this issue and the school counselor and administration dropped the ball leading into the girl to committing suicide. This is why bullying needs to be dealt with right away. It needs to be reported to as many trusted adults as possible until action is taken.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
#1 Grace VanderWaal fan
Not a n00b

Name: Zoe

Points: 3,049, Level: 8 Points: 3,049, Level: 8 Points: 3,049, Level: 8

Re: Bullying at school - December 17th 2018, 08:35 PM

All I can add is bullying sucks and it should be reported right away. I deal with bullying pretty much everyday and no matter how much it is reported sadly it still goes on everyday by the same girls. We still need to keep on reporting it though.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Tiffers95 Offline
Here to help
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tiffany

Points: 2,774, Level: 7 Points: 2,774, Level: 7 Points: 2,774, Level: 7

Re: Bullying at school - December 23rd 2018, 08:30 PM

I am working on my Master's degree in School Counseling and bullying and peer pressure are a huge part of what we as counselors are going to have to deal with once we get jobs. A lot of people are quick to say report it and that is all good, but let me add when reporting bullying or someone peer pressuring or even worse a possible rape incident you must be completely concise and to the point with what you are reporting. If you are afraid to get someone involved in the incident and do not report it 100% then the counselor cannot do their job 100% either.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
JohnPotter Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1

Re: Bullying at school - September 23rd 2022, 06:45 AM

it's outrageous
Closed Thread