TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Feel preassured to do things I'm not ready for... - January 10th 2010, 08:53 PM

So, feel like I'm being preassured into doing like sexual type thngs... Not as much by guys, but more by my friends. They'r always saying how weird it is for me to have not done anything really sexul, and they always discuss all of the things they've done, which makes me feel really awkward. I don't know what to do. I want to do something, just so I feel more included! Ugh.(Oh and I wasn't sure where to put this... sorry.)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
diamondprincess Offline
DiamondPrincess
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashlyn

Re: Feel preassured to do things I'm not ready for... - January 10th 2010, 09:02 PM

the feeling of peer pressure can sometimes be very overwhelming but you have to just not care what people think. so what if you havent done anything with anyone. that doesnt make you a bad person. guys/girls like when they meet someone who hasnt done things yet. dont feel like you dont belong. just ignore it. be happy for yourself because most people need sex to survive and you dont. its just another reason to stress and you dont need that.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Feel preassured to do things I'm not ready for... - January 12th 2010, 08:26 PM

Ignore their advice. diamondprincess said it well. You don't have to do anything. And also I stress, don't do anything so that they can accept you. You will soon find out anyways that such people are not even worth being friends with. Don't let them pressure you so that you can be accepted.

I also suggest taking a break from them so that you don't get pressured at all.

Last edited by Jacksonian; January 12th 2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: addition

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheLittleNinja Offline
I'm a secret ninja ;)
I've been here a while

Name: Claiiiiiiiiire

Re: Feel preassured to do things I'm not ready for... - January 13th 2010, 07:08 PM

Hey Megan!!

Seriously - Ignore they're comments! People boast about their sexual status in pretty must all the schools I've known, but actually I'd be surprised if your friends have actually done half the stuff they talk about!!

Your a unique person in this world, and nothing should be forced upon you! You don't have to do anything that you don't want to do ( within reason - education ), and don't let them pressure you into any type of sexual or even non-sexual activity that your not comfortable with!

Feel proud when you tell them '' I haven't done that - I'm waiting for the right time''
I've had the mickey taken out of me for my lack of sexual activity before, but my simple response has always been ''So? I'm proud I haven't wasted myself on someone just yet''

Of course, if you feel want to know or understand more about what they are talking about then use Google to figure out what their on about - or give me a shout :]

But overall - just be yourself, and don't give in, in what you believe in :]
Take Care,
Claire x

I'm still alive.
Must have been a miracle
It's been one hell of a ride
Destination still unkown
It's a fact of life: If you make one wrong move with a gun to your head
You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead.

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back
Thats right.
I got away with it all and I'm still alive.
Let the end of the world come tumbling down.
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
As long as hot blood runs through my veins
I'm still alive.

Closed Thread