TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rebekahrulez14 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: rebekah

Am I - August 19th 2010, 07:19 PM

I've been friends with these girls for 3 years and they didn't like each other until recently. They hang out together and is fine but when I'm with them they seem to pick on me. I suppose it's natural to have a bit of fun but I don't think they realise they might be bullying me. They talk behind my back bout me and my boyfriend. And one time I made myself be sent home after something they said bout me at a girl in my class party. It's making me sad and scared to go into school. Is this bullying?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Am I - August 19th 2010, 08:28 PM

Hey Rebekah -

It definitely sounds like there're some issues you need to work out with your friends. It's not fair for them to pick on you or your boyfriend, and it's not right to talk about you behind your back. There could be any number of reasons why they may be treating you this way.. and until you talk to them (either individually or together) about this, it's going to be harder to understand why they're acting the way they are. Sometimes, people don't know their words or actions can be upsetting towards others - and if this is the case, telling them you don't appreciate how they act towards you, could be a big help in resolving the problem.

If talking things out with them doesn't help, maybe you should ask yourself if these are really girls you want to be friends with. Friends are the people who care about you and treat you well - not tear you down or talk about you behind your back. You deserve friends who treat you well, and you shouldn't have to put up with this at all.

Best of luck and take care of yourself.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Rebekahrulez14 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Am I - August 19th 2010, 09:09 PM

thanks for your reply. i think they do know what there doing because one of the girls was really close to me before this happened and she said shes always the bully never the other way around and i think the both know that ill get annoyed and paranoid bout it and it really hurts me cause i get depressed and have considered suicide. my boyfriend is the only one who knows and he wants to tell my grandparents but im scared.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: Am I - August 20th 2010, 02:21 AM

I'd say it is. Friends rarely notice how impactful this kind of stuff is, but I don't think this is the case. It sounds like they're just mean and don't deserve your time or acknowledgement. Forgive me if this sounds really harsh, I just don't take friends talking behind other friends' backs lightly and it irritates me to see this happening to you. If you're worried about telling your grandparents, you could always tell them the basic situation. You don't have to say right off the bat that you're considering suicide, just that your friends are being cruel and it's really upsetting you. If they take that well then you'll know that you can mention the depression.

"What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
-George Eliot

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin."
-Grace Hansen

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: Am I - August 21st 2010, 02:35 PM

Hi Rebekah

I have been in a similar situation to you. It isn't nice and you don't deserve to be treated like that.
Like you say, I don't think they realise how much emotional pain they are putting you through.
I think that you should try talking to them about this.
Maybe explain how you are feeling, and that some of the things they do, makes you upset.
I know this can be hard... but unfortunatly it's probly the only way which you can sort it once and for all.
If they just brush off your comments and feelings, then they aren't true friends, and you should try and make different ones.
However I am hoping they will listen to you and you all can work through your problems

Keep strong,
Charli

(#6 (permalink)) Old
RedJames Offline
Average Joe

Name: James

Re: Am I - August 22nd 2010, 01:51 AM

well i would talk to them about it, and let them know how they sometimes take it too far. and if they keep it up, it might be time to find some new friends.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Am I - August 22nd 2010, 02:52 AM

These girls aren't your friends if they are making you feel like that. They might say its just a joke relax. Maybe to them it is but its not so funny when your so called friends are spreading rumors and cracking jokes about you all the time.

You teach people how to treat you. Don't let them walk all over you say something. Or find a better group of friends it shouldn't be hard considering the ones you got probably wouldn't lift a finger for you. I understand completely how you feel because my buddy Derek and I were at this small party maybe 10-12 people and one of the guys wouldn't leave him alone, he just kept poking fun until finally Derek told him off. We got up and left, shortly after they came down to Derek house apologizing and the rest of the night was much better because they now know that we don't take that kind of Bs.

I believe you have to stick up for yourself and say something but don't back down if they take offense I'd go so far as to say, you either leave me alone or I'm done hanging with you guys. However you have to mean it, a real friend would say I'm sorry then its okay to move on.

I hope this helps but you really do need to make a change because that can't keep happening.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Rebekahrulez14 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Am I - August 22nd 2010, 10:31 PM

One of them sent me a text on friday and I couldn't take it anymore. I started crying and my boyfriend showed my mum and she was fed up with it and ad texted her back and tried to phone her. She didn't reply or pick up the phone. So it might be over but I'm not sure. We are in a big group of friends and I'm worried incase they try to get them to hate me and not talk to me anymore then I will be alone. Thanks to all ur replys. XX bekah

(#9 (permalink)) Old
RedJames Offline
Average Joe

Re: Am I - August 22nd 2010, 11:28 PM

Well as sad and crappy as it would be, if the big group of friends your in all decided to hate you over a bunch of crap these girls say, then there not really your friends and you need to go find some real friends. But i am sure this wont happen.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Rebekahrulez14 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Am I - August 23rd 2010, 12:14 AM

Ud be quite surprised with my friends. This girl makes you feel like she ur bestis mate and u can trust her but do something wrong and it changes everything ur secrets aren't secrets anymore if u get me

(#11 (permalink)) Old
RedJames Offline
Average Joe

Re: Am I - August 23rd 2010, 12:31 AM

I getcha, keep your head high and stay frim and you'll get through this.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Rebekahrulez14 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Am I - August 25th 2010, 07:36 PM

I saw one of the girls today at a car boot sale I was talking to her mum like nothing was wrong then she saw me and my family and walked in the opposite direction and started phoning someone. Would she be scared now that my family know what they were doing to me.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
RedJames Offline
Average Joe

Re: Am I - August 26th 2010, 04:56 AM

She might be worried yes, or more mad/annonyed about it, but it might very well be enough to keep her at bay if nothing else. Hopefully they back off and you guys can work it out and become better friends for it.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Am I - August 31st 2010, 02:59 PM

Hey,

It does sound like you need to work out issues with your friends. Maybe tell them how it makes you feel. Make them aware. It isnt good...and I assume that you 3 are supposed to be bestfriends? Tell them that what they are doing is wrong. Its best if you sort it out though, sorting issues out which concerns your friends is the best thing...for all of you guys

Lex-Fauzia

Closed Thread