TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Poetic Loser
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erin

Angry My sister is a Bully. - August 27th 2010, 09:58 AM

God, my sister is such a bitch.
All my life i've struggled with my past, safely built up a wall
to block out my bullying days. Obviously my family don't know that because i've never brought it up, but my ten year old sister really is a bitch. Not just to her friends though, she thinks she can boss her family around. Constantly screaming at us if she can't get her way. She's such a spoilt bitch. When she's scard all her friends away, she cries saying 'they all hate me, They fell out with me and i don't know why. They don't deserve me because they aren't real friends.

Me and my lil sis have NEVER got on. Not once in our lifes have i been able to class ourselves as friends but i do tell her that if she wants friends then she's got to be nice to them for a start. I've even told her that she's a bully but she tells me to fuck off and then goes crying to 'daddy'.
Then dad shouts at me saying she's no such thing. But this morning while mom is on the verge of a mental breakdown she screamed at her saying 'You're just a fucking bullly Holly. You're nasty to everyone around you so no wonder all of you're friends have left you.'

She didn't even blink. I feel sorry for my mom having to put up with us. I had a mental breakdown this year including self harm etc and now my lil sis is a Bully. It's made me hate her even more because she knows how badly i was bullied back in primary school. I seriously hope Karma finds a way to break her because she deserves it.

How come dumb stuff seems so smart while you're doing it?
Good friends get drunk with you. Best friends hold your hair back when you've had a bit too much to drink!
There's no such thing as good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out.
I've learned...
that maturity has more to do with what types
of experiences you've had and what you've
learned from them and less to do with how
many birthdays you've celebrated.

Send a message via MSN to LastRedAppleStanding  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
RedJames Offline
Average Joe

Name: James

Re: My sister is a Bully. - August 27th 2010, 01:57 PM

Karma always has a way of finding those it needs too, and Vullies always get what they deserve in the end. Saddly there isnt much you can do about it at this point, aside from trying to steer her in the right direction to be a better person.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: My sister is a Bully. - August 27th 2010, 03:44 PM

Hi Erin,

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with self-harm and bullying. I understand those things can be very difficult to deal with.

The way your sister is treating people does not sound acceptable. However, remember that two wrongs don't make a right. Getting angry with her and outright telling her that she is a bully may only make her even more defensive. My suggestion for you would be to sit down with her and talk things over. Perhaps you could even get your parents involved. Let her know what you've noticed. Tell her that her behavior, whether she intends it to be or not, can be hurtful at times.

Try to maintain composure throughout the discussion. Make it known to her that this isn't a personal attack, you only hope that she will take her actions into consideration more and take more responsibility for them in the future. Like James said, try to steer her in the direction of being a better person.

Take care! I hope things get better for you!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: My sister is a Bully. - August 27th 2010, 05:51 PM

Hey Erin

I agree, little sisters can be total bitches at points. But unlike you my sister doesn't bully me. She will say the odd mean thing, but that's as far as it goes.
You don't deserve to be treated like this at all, never mind by one of your family members.
Obviously your parents are starting to see that your sister is showing signs of bullying behaivour.. but sometimes this isn't enough.
Please just try to talk to your parents about it. But do it when your sister isn't around so she doesn't feel victimized or get angry and defensive.
Let your parents know that she is really hurting your feelings with what she is saying.. and that you want it to stop.
I think that your sister may have a few issues of her own. By the sound of it she could be quite lonely and insecure. Maybe try talking to her about this. Approach her and ask if anything is bothering her. She might just want to talk to someone

But I really hope things improve for you..
Chin up
Keep strong
Charli <3

Closed Thread