TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The Kira Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Melody

Angry I cant even be on campus anymore - October 1st 2010, 03:11 AM

Ok, so outside of school, my life is ok... But since school has started, everything has been so terrible... Every day when I walk into school, I am greeted with stares and snickers and stuff like that.
Someone taped a razor to my locker, and people constantly call me cutter, emo, dyke, grimm reaper... things like that....
I swear, I hate them all! One day they ARE gonna drive to to jump off a damn bridge... I mean, it's high school, people should be more mature then that... I just dont know what to do anymore... I have been skipping, and my mom drives me, but I just take a bus downtown and come home from there, and I have tried to tell her that I cant be around those people, but she just wont listen. SHe said that my education comes before my feelings. Well, she is going to make me do it too!!!
GOD I HATE THEM ALL!!!

Stay forever lovely
  Send a message via AIM to The Kira  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: I cant even be on campus anymore - October 1st 2010, 04:48 AM

I do know where you are coming from, although maybe not to the same extent. It's important to remember that what people SAY does not DEFINE you. It doesn't, not by any means. is there any professional (doctor, school counselor, etc) or even a family member that you can talk with to get help?

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Opal Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I cant even be on campus anymore - October 1st 2010, 06:18 AM

Hi Kira.

(Have you read the manga or watched the anime, by the way? I loved the anime but am not a manga fan.)

Mass bullying can be tough, but there are things you can do about it. Rather than turning inward and becoming depressed, reclaim your power and speak out when people try to put you down. Just do the opposite of whatever you think they expect you to do. If they expect you to be upset, get angry. If they expect you to be angry, laugh like mad.

Your parents are scared that you will be unemployed and helpless if you don't go to school. They've had years of social conditioning that has led them to believe this. If you can present a rational argument for homeschooling or other alternatives through research, don't be afraid to try that either, if that's what you really want.

While you are defending yourself, don't forget to keep making new friends. Just because a lot of people will go along with the crowd doesn't mean that everyone will. If you can find people who share your interests who will talk to you then focus on that.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Opal Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I cant even be on campus anymore - October 1st 2010, 06:19 AM

Hi Kira.

(Have you read the manga or watched the anime, by the way? I loved the anime but am not a manga fan.)

Mass bullying can be tough, but there are things you can do about it. Rather than turning inward and becoming depressed, reclaim your power and speak out when people try to put you down. Just do the opposite of whatever you think they expect you to do. If they expect you to be upset, get angry. If they expect you to be angry, laugh like mad.

Your parents are scared that you will be unemployed and helpless if you don't go to school. They've had years of social conditioning that has led them to believe this. If you can present a rational argument for homeschooling or other alternatives through research, don't be afraid to try that either, if that's what you really want.

While you are defending yourself, don't forget to keep making new friends. Just because a lot of people will go along with the crowd doesn't mean that everyone will. If you can find people who share your interests who will talk to you then focus on that.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
anybodyouthere? Offline
OMG Cookies!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Je m'appelle Anna.

Re: I cant even be on campus anymore - October 2nd 2010, 01:10 AM

If your parents are feel that way, then ask to transfer schools. (Believe me, if you parents are like mine it's a freaken long shot, but it never hurts.) If that doesn't work, then all I can say is to talk to the school counselor.

Opal is right, you have to try to take a stand, no matter how hard it is. Calmly address the bullies, and if that doesn't work the first time you have to keep trying. I know it's hard.

Kids in high school will bully anybody who they find different, and anything that adult society stigmatizes, so will the kids. If they don't like you, they'll label you as emo, cutter, dyke, fag, etc. I'm sick of it too.

If you need more help or just a word of comfort from a fellow victim of ridiculously absurd high school rumors, just PM me. <3

Remember to smile. If you can't do it for you, do it for the people you love.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
The Kira Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Melody

Re: I cant even be on campus anymore - October 2nd 2010, 05:49 PM

I have tried talking to the bullies, but they get physically violent, and I cant really fight back, I'm short, and not what you would refer to as strong. I will try to switch school... It was not like this before, I just dont know why they are suddenly like this

Stay forever lovely
  Send a message via AIM to The Kira  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: I cant even be on campus anymore - October 2nd 2010, 06:00 PM

Ya know Kira, your signature is really true. if some people don't like who you are, so what? You can still be who you are, and that's what you should do. Be yourself. Honestly there have been times when I would have liked to break a bully's nose or snap their neck off or something, but the best solution is just to ignore them. pretend they aren't there. When they realize that you're not listening, they'll eventually just shut up.

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Opal Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I cant even be on campus anymore - October 3rd 2010, 10:36 AM

If they are physically violent that is another problem entirely. I'd say tell the police but that will make it worse in the long run. (Bullies will gang up to get revenge.) Anybodyouthere's suggestion is an excellent idea. Make a very good proposal to your parents to change schools. Try to write it all down before you say it, you could even type up a report with reasons why and advantages.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
karely Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I cant even be on campus anymore - October 7th 2010, 03:40 AM

people are always going to be talking alot of ish but don't let it get to you at all. You just keep doing you and ignore the rest of the people with no life. people who Mind Dont Matter

(#10 (permalink)) Old
:)
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

Re: I cant even be on campus anymore - October 11th 2010, 06:51 AM

You shouldn't be going through that, Melody, because it's not okay. Your mom should be putting your feelings before education. Talk to your counsler or teacher or someone you trust.

Laugh as much as you breathe
and love as long as you live

Closed Thread