TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
batsmad Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

Question Advice please - January 2nd 2011, 03:29 PM

Ever since my little sister grew taller and stronger than me she's been making my life hell. Occasionally she can be really sweet if she's in a reasonable mood but most of the time she just pushes me around and damages my stuff. Also she won't accept anything I say, even if it's about the safety of people or our pets. I'm really staring to get sick of it but I can't stop her. I've told my parents but they can't get her to stop. Does anyone have any advice?
  Send a message via Skype™ to batsmad 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
purplekc95 Offline
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: Advice please - January 2nd 2011, 03:47 PM

Your parents need to take control !!!! Ground her er something. Plus just because your sister is taller and stronger doesn't mean you can't tell her off. Just say things like yeah you think your much better because your stronger and taller but seriously just look at yourself. You're making a fool out of yourself. And then laura, leave it at that

I hope i helped !!! PM me if you need anything else.

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LondonLove Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shonda

Re: Advice please - January 2nd 2011, 04:13 PM

Some times you just have to stand your ground, she maybe be taller and stronger than you, but she might not be as smart as you. It comes a time when brains out do strength, use that.

~Always Here, Love Shonda~
  Send a message via AIM to LondonLove Send a message via MSN to LondonLove Send a message via Yahoo to LondonLove Send a message via Skype™ to LondonLove 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Advice please - January 2nd 2011, 11:51 PM

I would definitely suggest telling your parents, as said above, your parents need to take control. Let them know, they should sort it..

PM me if you would like to talk at all.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Advice please - January 3rd 2011, 04:37 AM

Someone has to take control and that someone is your parents. She is their responsibility until she is old enough. Tell them again and let them know specificly what's been happening to you.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
batsmad Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

Re: Advice please - January 3rd 2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplekc95 View Post
Your parents need to take control !!!! Ground her er something. Plus just because your sister is taller and stronger doesn't mean you can't tell her off. Just say things like yeah you think your much better because your stronger and taller but seriously just look at yourself. You're making a fool out of yourself. And then laura, leave it at that

I hope i helped !!! PM me if you need anything else.
Grounding her doesn't really make any difference 'cos she can barely go out anyway. We live in a small village with none of our friends and she's not trusted to take the bus. I've tried standing up to her but it's not very easy when she's holding you off the ground with your back towards her, or sitting you in the sink. My step-dad has tried to talk her out of it by pointing out that it's bullying but she says that it's not and he doesn't know anything. Even her friends can't make her stop.
  Send a message via Skype™ to batsmad 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
alex2010 Offline
Self Harm Awareness Advocate
Average Joe

Name: Alex Short

Re: Advice please - January 3rd 2011, 07:49 PM

You need to talk to your parents, and your parents to take control of her.

~Alex

Last day I cut: 7-13-2010

I believe in everyone that I help that they will get over whatever they are struggling with.

I regret nothing in my past. My past made me who I am today.

There is freedom from self harm feel free to email me anytime if you wanna chat at:
alexshort154@yahoo.com

Send a message via MSN to alex2010 Send a message via Yahoo to alex2010 Send a message via Skype™ to alex2010 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Angeal Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ranada Givens

Re: Advice please - January 6th 2011, 02:46 AM

I know what I'm about to say may sound a little harsh but if your parents don't want to take control then contact your local jail andask them if they will let her stay the night in there, sometimes a night in jail can make people start to see that if they keep doing something hats where they'll end up. Because as they said earlier someone has to take control if not she might dnd up in there.

Closed Thread