TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety and Stress This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline
Lead Moderator

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Court
Pronouns: She/Her

Antsiness and Exhaustion - November 11th 2019, 07:16 PM

I've been really, really antsy lately and exhausted all of the time. I don't know if it's from not working or something else. This has only been going on this past weekend while I've been off of work, so I'm leaning towards not having anything to do, however, I've had this issue before when I wasn't on any medicine.

I am so exhausted that I go to bed around 7 or 8pm and wake up at 4 or 5am and can't get back to sleep. I'm going crazy being tired so early and restless so early. The restlessness is getting unbearable and I don't know what to do about it.

I have an appointment next week to see my old psychiatrist to see about getting on maybe some Vistaril or on Xanax or Klonopin again, as it has been about 3 months, just long enough for those psych meds to be out of my system that I was previously on (I'm on no meds at all right now).

I've tried exercising but that hasn't helped, the only thing that seems to help is knitting as I'm keeping my hands and mind busy counting and focusing on the two knitting needles.

Anybody have any tips as to how I can alleviate some of this restlessness?

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

Lead Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline
Lead Moderator

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Court

Re: Antsiness and Exhaustion - November 13th 2019, 05:46 PM

My doctor and I have decided that getting back on klonopin would be the best route. And to keep up with therapy.

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

Lead Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Antsiness and Exhaustion - November 13th 2019, 08:49 PM

Hey Court,

Sorry for the late reply.

It is difficult trying to manage the antsiness and exhaustion. I was going to suggest exercise as that can help but it doesn't seem very helpful for you. Knitting sounds like a good activity though...can you think of other things that might help? I know for me that doing chores around the house can help me focus. It does also seem that not working might be a factor in why you are feeling this way so I think that anything you find that helps to keep you occupied may help with this.

You might also want to try (if possible) sticking to your usual bedtime routine, rather than going to bed earlier. If you go to bed earlier, you run the risk of getting into the habit of waking up earlier too.

It's good that your doctor agreed for you to get back on the klonopin and keep up with therapy. Hope that helps you!

HelpLINK/Live Help Officer | Click here to volunteer