TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
einstein's dog Offline
charlie
Average Joe

Name: charlie

crying a lot? - October 19th 2013, 07:37 AM

hey guys, i don't really know what this is so i wondered if anyone could help or give me some guidance.

basically whenever I'm not comfortable in a social environment i feel really upset and i sometimes can't fight the tears so i end up looking like an idiot randomly crying. It started a while back when i was on my own all the time because i was literally scared of conversation, thus avoiding my friends. I've overcome that with a few friends but still sometimes get nervous and shaky around them.
a lot of the time if i get invited out anywhere I'll cancel because i don't feel comfortable seeing people... Like, what are they going to think of me? Did they really want me there or was it out of politeness? That kind of thing. But then also what their family and friends might think of me, even strangers.
I've been invited to three parties in the next two weeks. One is my cousin's 18th so I'm not allowed to back out of that. I can get out of the other two but my boyfriend wanted to go to those with me so badly and I'll be letting him down, but i reeeeeaaaaally don't want to go! It's terrifying, there's loads of people at parties. More than i can handle being in a room with, even if it's a big hall.
i don't go out a lot because people will see me. Just strangers, but i don't know what they will think of me and the thought terrifies me.
just yesterday i had to give a form into the local doctors surgery for a family friend but it took ages to buck up the courage to do so. I was told by the receptionist that i was missing some information on the form. I rung my mum and she told me to knock on the neighbour's door yo ask if the family friend was in. I couldn't. I just couldn't. I started panicking so much and i was crying like a baby. It took me a while to calm down but now i feel so stupid, getting so worked up about knocking on someone's door o ask one question. I still feel a bit upset about the situation i was put in.

so yeh, i just don't know if this is an actual thing or I'm overreacting or just being weird. If someone could even suggest one thing, that's be great xx

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: crying a lot? - October 25th 2013, 06:16 AM

It sounds like you're suffering from severe panic attacks. I would talk to your doctor about what's going on and see if they can figure out some sort of either diet change or medication that you could take to help control this. Hope things get better for you!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
einstein's dog Offline
charlie
Average Joe

Re: crying a lot? - October 25th 2013, 01:57 PM

i did think about that but it doesn't sound like the typical panic attacks. I just get upset and shaky for a long time, no raised heartbeat or sweating or hyperventilating or any of that :L but thanks anyways! Xx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: crying a lot? - October 25th 2013, 04:04 PM

Hi Charlie,

It could be panic attacks as Michael mentioned however only a psychologist or other mental health professional could tell you.
I think you should talk to someone because panic attacks are different for everyone, from what I know not all symptoms have to be present for a panic atack to be considered.
Hope this helps and you can PM me if you would like someone to talk to.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
einstein's dog Offline
charlie
Average Joe

Re: crying a lot? - October 25th 2013, 04:59 PM

ah thankyou, it does help. I always thought you had to have all of it to count...

thanks all xxx

Closed Thread