TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
iccehy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation I'm desperate - December 14th 2013, 10:52 AM

For 4 years I've been depressed and sleep deprived. You can imagine how terribly sickly I've become. I've severely underweight and constantly worrying about my future.

Everyday i wake up in an angry mood, then put on my happy mask on to go school. My worries are constantly on my mind, and at school I have nobody to talk to. Years of sleep deprivation made me a bit wonky in the head. My mind feels clouded all the time and I can't think clearly at all!
I've tried sleeping early and eating healthier for a period of time, but completely gave up after a few days. My condition didn't improve.

Who do I ask for help? Where do I go for this problem???

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ella. Offline
Average Joe

Name: Elise

Re: I'm desperate - December 14th 2013, 11:15 AM

I think the first step you should take is to see your doctor and tell them exactly how you've been feeling and what's going on! They can help you or refer you to someone else who can treat you Don't lose hope, talking to people will definitely help you and you can talk to your doctor or a psychologist/counsellor or of course the people on here! I worry a lot and to help let all these worries out I made a sort of diary and write all my thoughts down on it, like things that are making me anxious or even things that I'm happy about. PM me if you ever need to talk!

I turn the music up, I got my records on
I shut the world outside until the lights come on
Maybe the streets alight, maybe the trees are gone
I feel my heart start beating to my favourite song.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
iccehy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm desperate - December 14th 2013, 12:34 PM

Thank you for you thoughts. Im sought out alot of advice, and yeah they pretty much tell me to do the same thing. I really appreciate your help. Its not exactly easy to ask a doctor in my family situation, but by all means i must at some point. i honestly dont see a good future for me heh

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Satine Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I'm desperate - December 14th 2013, 01:20 PM

May I ask what it is you worry about? It sounds pretty unpleasant to be living the way you are.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
iccehy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm desperate - December 14th 2013, 10:49 PM

My main concern is whether I can cope senior year with my condition affecting me so much. Would a doctor be the quickest way to get help? I don't want my parents involved in this, because they aren't supporting me, so I was wondering can I go alone if I'm 16?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: I'm desperate - December 15th 2013, 12:19 AM

You can talk to your doctor alone and request that they not tell your parents (at your age they should keep information confidential and most likely they will respect that) however, from what I know of the laws where I live, if you talk about really serious things and the doctor feels very concerned about your safety or the safety of anyone else, they will tell your parents and recommend treatment.
Another option that I can think of is that you could tell your doctor you have been experiencing anxiety and stress and that you would like to be refered to a counselor. In this case, your doctor will ask you questions most likely but if you believe your parents would be less worried about receiving counseling for anxiety /depression, then that will work if you believe that would not cause them extreme worry.
Regardless though, you should talk to someone. Yes, your parents will probably worry and be upset however your health is important and they will become more understanding as time goes on.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ella. Offline
Average Joe

Name: Elise

Re: I'm desperate - December 15th 2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iccehy View Post
Thank you for you thoughts. Im sought out alot of advice, and yeah they pretty much tell me to do the same thing. I really appreciate your help. Its not exactly easy to ask a doctor in my family situation, but by all means i must at some point. i honestly dont see a good future for me heh
I completely understand that because when I was struggling I never listened to the advice of people saying to see a doctor! But looking back things probably would have been bit easier for me if I'd have got help sooner! I know it's a big step to talk to your doctor about this but you'll be glad that you did. They can help you and most likely will be able to keep everything confidential. I know you may see no future for yourself now but once you start to feel better you'll have a different perspective you just need to try your hardest to stay positive and block out negative thoughts or worries! Talking to a doctor or counsellor would definitely help you!

I turn the music up, I got my records on
I shut the world outside until the lights come on
Maybe the streets alight, maybe the trees are gone
I feel my heart start beating to my favourite song.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Crazycatlady Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Gretch

Re: I'm desperate - December 17th 2013, 02:50 AM

Have you thought about going to a general doctor for your physiological conditions that you have been experiencing? I'm worried about your weight. If you're severely underweight as a result of anxiety, that isn't a good sign. Depending on where you live, there are various different medications that you can access for whatever is going on and by going to a general doctor and to have a proper diagnosis for what it is that is wrong.

Closed Thread