TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety and Stress This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bpdkarie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,930, Level: 11 Points: 5,930, Level: 11 Points: 5,930, Level: 11

Unhappy Social Anxiety ruining my life. - January 8th 2014, 10:10 AM

I have extreme social anxiety to the point where I hate even leaving my house. All I do all day is lay in my bedroom and be on my computer. I also have BPD and Bipolar 2. I'm so scared that I'm not going to be able to do anything with my life. The only thing my social anxiety doesn't affect is socializing online.

I need tips or anything to help me out.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: Social Anxiety ruining my life. - January 12th 2014, 02:02 PM

Hey there:

With social anxiety it's very difficult to see past people out in public or be with large amounts of people. Sometimes, being with just 2 or 3 people at a time it can become very difficult.

I understand because I have social anxiety, believe me most days it controls me. However, I've found ways to help myself to control it as best as I can. One of the things I've noticed for myself is, if you want to go somewhere the chances of going out is high. If you need to go out the chances of going out is half. Lets say you needed to go out because someone wants you to, you go out but it's not what you want. You start to feel fine then start to feel weird and panicky.

Is there a time when you do go out because you want to go somewhere and do okay?

I would also recommend seeing a counselor or therapist to figure out ways to cope and deal with the social anxiety. But you have to want to see someone in order for you to receive the best support.

It makes sense being online is easier for your social anxiety, I feel the same way. Is there anything online you do that boosts your confidence or makes you feel better?

You can also send me a Private Message if you want to.

Take Care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread