TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
juniorsyko Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Matthew

Points: 5,848, Level: 11 Points: 5,848, Level: 11 Points: 5,848, Level: 11

Feeling lost and lonely. - July 27th 2014, 09:13 PM

Hi Everyone. Recently I've been really struggling and just feel lost and lonely. I'm am really anxious with everyday life. I've recently lost my nan, who basically lived with me for 14/19 years I've been alive. She was like a second mother, and knew more about me than my parents or anyone else. She passed away from lung cancer. I am really struggling without her and I really feel lonely, I knew a lot of people I was really close to some friends, who i used to support through their problems and I was really close to. They no longer speak to me and I can't open up to anyone else, which was fine before my nan passed, but now I really need to talk to someone (medical support and counselling doesn't help!) I feel like we live in a world of people that simply don't care about me so I never talk about my problems. Does anyone else have similar problems?. If you have I'd love to talk to you? Please reply
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I've been here a while

Name: Lauren

Points: 24,303, Level: 22 Points: 24,303, Level: 22 Points: 24,303, Level: 22

Re: Feeling lost and lonely. - July 30th 2014, 07:39 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I've never been through anything like this, but I know it must be very tough for you to lose someone whom you were so close to. I want you to know that you're not alone though, even if it might feel like you are. There are always people out there to talk to, whether it be here on TeenHelp or somewhere else. Have you ever tried writing in a journal about what you're going through? You could always try putting it in letter form, such as to your nan. It might help you open up and help release those feelings.

I use to feel like people around me didn't really care about me as well, but I think you just need to put yourself out there and meet the people that do care. Unfortunately, a lot of people aren't so great and they aren't good friends who will support you, but if you put out the effort towards finding the ones that will stick with you, you will. I think you should also talk to your parents. I know your relationship with them isn't as strong, but you should try to get closer to them so you can have a good relationship with them as well and be able to open up to them.

I hope this helps you a bit, and even though I haven't had much experience with this, you can always talk to me if you ever want to. My inbox is always open.

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Paint Offline
ετεɾṉαl ɾεṡτ †
Average Joe

Points: 7,973, Level: 13 Points: 7,973, Level: 13 Points: 7,973, Level: 13

Re: Feeling lost and lonely. - August 3rd 2014, 08:45 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I recently lost my grandpa who lived with me for all my life, and I'm 18. I am pretty much in the exact same boat as you are right now and I'm here to tell you that we can get through this together. We can be each other's support system! You're so strong for enduring everything, believe me, and your nan is watching over you right now with a big smile I'm sure! She should be proud of you for being so loving and caring. I'm sorry you don't really have people you can talk to about this in your real world, that must make the situation a lot harder. I kind of feel the same sometimes and it isn't fun at all.

Some things you could do are maybe journal or find a support group online (cough, TeenHelp, cough)! There are people who care about you and your feelings, maybe not in your physical world! If you ever need to PM/VM me, it's open. I just hope you continue to stay as strong as you are.

Another thing you could do is work on some sort of project in honor of your nan. I'm always doing fun things with my grandpa's room like decorating it in honor of him or just little artsy things. It might make you feel better. You could even try writing a note in a bottle to your nan and letting it go somewhere.

Best of luck.

You can come through this!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Brittany

Points: 19,786, Level: 20 Points: 19,786, Level: 20 Points: 19,786, Level: 20

Re: Feeling lost and lonely. - August 3rd 2014, 11:56 PM

Hi there,

First of all, you are not alone.

I have experienced something similar. Although I didn't live with her, I lost a family friend in the beginning of 2012, and my life has not been the same since. She passed away from cancer/a fall, and it nearly broke my heart. She was the one who knew everything about me, and all of a sudden, she was gone. I understand how it feels. I really do.

I never really talked about her death with anyone. My family kind of just brushed it under the rug, and I don't have many friends to begin with... so I just kept it to myself. I still keep things to myself, if I'm not blogging here or talking to my fiance... Speaking of which, blogging is REALLY great. Check it out. It's a great way to get your feelings out, and even get feedback on it.

I'm here if you want to talk. Remember you're not alone, and there are tons of people here on TH that could probably relate to you! Take good care!

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: Feeling lost and lonely. - August 6th 2014, 01:11 AM

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your Nan. I can relate to losing someone close, not as close as you were with your Nan but people that definitely impacted my life to a major extent.
I am glad that other people have responded letting you know that you are not alone because this is true. Many people know what you are going through and are willing to listen.
Is it possible for you to improve your relationship with your parents? I know you mentioned that your relationship with them is not very great. Maybe they are not and have not shown how much her loss has affected them. Everyone grieves differently and maybe if you talk with them you will realize that they are in a similar place in the grieving process as well.
We are all here for you as well.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."
Closed Thread