TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety and Stress This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Undead_Soilder Offline
Otaku
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Yokoum

Points: 5,426, Level: 10 Points: 5,426, Level: 10 Points: 5,426, Level: 10

Unhappy Schizophrenia, Suicide, Anxiety, And Abuse - January 21st 2015, 01:47 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So, I'm slightly concerned about maybe I have schizophrenia because everyone has been out to get me and I'm positive I've been hearing footsteps running down the hallway. I'm worried they are gonna get worse. And the only things that calm me down are hugging a stuffed animal of mine and my HU music... and to make matters worse, one my fucking older brothers keeps hitting me hard, I hit back and when I do, my mother gets all pissed off at me!; my best friend is thinking about suicide, she self harms and also gets beat by her brothers. I self harm to get myself distracted but the stress is gonna make me snap and I'm either gonna hurt someone or kill myself. I don't have anyway of releaving any stress because I share a room with 3 of my brothers!! If anything happens to my friend, I will shoot myself, she is the world go me and is the only reason I go through hell each and every day. It's even gotten to the point to where I'm scared to go near my brother and if I'm not talking to my friend, I have panic attacks. Someone please help me.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
......nobody Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 14,649, Level: 17 Points: 14,649, Level: 17 Points: 14,649, Level: 17

Re: Schizophrenia, Suicide, Anxiety, And Abuse - January 22nd 2015, 12:48 AM

Have you talked to a mental health professional or your general practitioner about this? If you don't see a mental health professional, then your general practitioner can help you find one that's right for you, and there are many different types of mental health professionals - psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors, and case managers. I highly suggest that you talk to one of these people and get the help that you need - they will be able to rule out any schizophrenia and can help you get through the rough time your having with your panic attacks.

Chin up.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: Schizophrenia, Suicide, Anxiety, And Abuse - January 22nd 2015, 03:56 AM

Hi,
I suggest you talk to your parents about finding a mental health professional to talk to.
Do your parents know how your older brother treats you? You do not deserve to bee hit by him and your parents should stop his behavior.
I am not a mental health professional however i have had challenging experiences in my life and i believe you are both parinoid and struggling with hearing footsteps because you are worried about your brother coming.
I suggest you go with your friend to a school counselor about what she is struggling with.
You can also meet about your own situation so you can receive help.
Take care and hopefully this helps.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."
Closed Thread