TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Unhappy Constantly worrying about people dying - April 8th 2015, 11:42 PM

How do I stop worrying about people dying in their sleep especially the older ones. I often worry about people I love dying at night time when I go to bed it gets me really frustrated. I don't know how I can cope with feeling like this ? I know I can't really do much to stop it happening yet I worry about all the time. I'm what's known as a worrier I worry about loads and loads of things. How can I stop feeling like this ?

Sorry for any grammar or words spelt wrongly I was using my iPhone and mine isn't very grammar friendly sometimes perhaps it's my terrible typing skills.

Take care ~Justin~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Constantly worrying about people dying - April 15th 2015, 10:02 AM

Hey Justin,

Iím sorry to hear about your worrying. The fear of death and losing loved ones is quite common, but it is bad to dwell on it too much.

I think itís helpful to know that unless there is an underlying health issue or the person is quite old, there is less chance of them dying in their sleep. If anyone were to die in their sleep, it might be comforting to you that they probably werenít aware of it or in any pain.

Death is inevitable. But you shouldnít worrying about it on a regular basis, as itís not good for you and whilst you might worry about people dying in their sleep, an actual death might be decades a way- and you certainly donít want to be worrying for that length of time!

So try to remember what I said above. Also, instead of worrying about people dying, perhaps think of the good times you have had with them, and how much appreciate them instead. Also, if you could, it might help to talk to someone trusted about this, as they might be able to help you or share the same feelings as you.

Lastly, if you have been affected by someoneís death before, or you find yourself worrying too much, it be helpful to get counselling, as this can help to lower your anxious thoughts.

Take care

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: Constantly worrying about people dying - April 15th 2015, 12:00 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I have the exact same anxieties. What has helped me is learning how to focus on the now and not to think about the "what ifs?" You have no control over death of loved ones unfortunately. When that day sadly comes you'll deal with it then, not now when it hasn't happened. The vast majority of what we're worrying about are things that may happen in the future. You may also be a lot stronger than you think. When my nan was ill in hospital I didn't think I would cope when she died, I coped quite well.

Right now I am typing this, my nose is slightly blocked and I can hear the birds outside, that's all that's really happening right now. Nothing bad has happened as of yet and there's no point in focusing on that when everything is fine. Next time you're worried about something that could happen think about what's actually happening in the present. I've started using art therapy which I've found really helpful, there's a new art therapy magazine which is out in U.K. which I love:

http://www.arttherapycollection.com/

You can also buy colouring books It helps you focus on the now (the colouring) That may not be your thing but any hobby can help really

Hope this helps <3

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
Closed Thread