TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

I lied to my doctor - August 18th 2015, 12:35 PM

I've been sick for over a week now. I don't think it's ever going to get better. I saw my doctor last week and just yesterday evening because I'm not getting better. It started with a stomachache that hurt, next day it began.

I lied to my doctor yesterday evening. I've been having diarrhea and it's waking me up and going during the day. Thankfully last night I wasn't woken up with it or the night before, but the night before my stomach was sore.

She asked me if I gained any weight or lost any in the last 3 months. I lied to her. I gain all this weight and then I lost it all really fast. I didn't do anything to lose it either. I'm ashamed with how much I gain and then lost that amount. I'm still at the same weight as before.

If I have it next week then it's going to be concerning because then I'll be tested for Crohns and this and that. This has never happened to me with IBS. I'm freaking out. It's not normal.
I should have not lied but I did with reason, I just don't want to believe there might be a possibility something else is going on.
I might call them to tell the receptionist to send a note to her about it. Might help with well, my situation.

It was a lot of weight I gain in a short time them lost it all in a short time... I wanted to lose that weight not gain it and go back to the weight ive been at.

I don't know what to really do. I want it to run its course but it's not. Maybe it's a longer viral thing. I guess more than 2 weeks it's not a viral thing it's something else which I'm just worried.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: I lied to my doctor - August 19th 2015, 08:12 PM

Hey there,

I'm really sorry to hear what you are going through. Diarrhoea isn't nice, even at the best of times. I understand why you thought lying was best, but as you found out, it doesn't help the situation either. I know it's scary to think that there might be an underlying cause to your stomach issues, but for your health, it's always good to get to that cause so that you can begin to treat or manage it better.

I don't know if it would be a viral thing, or if it's something that you might be eating/allergic to/getting stressed about as those things can irritate your stomach too. Try to keep your liquid intake up to replace the liquid that you are losing- that's important so that you don't end up dehydrated.

I think it's a good idea to contact the receptionist and who will hopefully pass on the information.

Take care

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18

Re: I lied to my doctor - August 28th 2015, 12:43 AM

Its totally normal to lie about something to a doctor because you are afraid of it- hoping it would just run its course.

My brother had an inflammatory bowel disease similar to Crohn's disease. If its that , there is usually a lot of blood in the diarrhea. So it could be something else. But you are at the age at which IBDs normally develop.

Hopefully it is nothing serious but if you are having tests, it shouldn't matter much that you didn't tell the doctor the whole truth - because they will find out what it is then regardless.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: I lied to my doctor - August 29th 2015, 03:03 AM

Hey there,

I think that you should message your doctor about this. I know that there have been times when I lied to my doctor but I ended up coming 'clean' about it eventually. I think that the best thing to do was get a note to your doctor because this might have something to do with what is going on.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: I lied to my doctor - August 30th 2015, 11:43 AM

It's not the end of the world. Just call and leave a message saying you were thinking about the visit and realized you had gained (insert estimated amount) and then lost (insert estimated amount) quickly over a period of (x amount of months). Include whether you were trying to lose the weight or not. It won't be the end of the world and they won't hate you for it.

Heck, we don't usually give a crap when people lie to us about drug usage. (Oh, patient lied and said they didn't use marijuana. Whatever)
Closed Thread