TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Catlady Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Talking Panic attacks while sleeping. - December 15th 2015, 07:18 PM

I am soooo anxious for no reason. I seriously have not one reason to be. Anyways, I have panic attacks in my "dreams" does anyone else have these? My panic attacks are really bad, I get to the point where I can't breathe well feel like I cant. So does anyone else get this way? Also, I am trying to break away from my sh issues. So any ideas on how to cope with this??

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. ~Oscar Wilde.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Panic attacks while sleeping. - December 15th 2015, 08:54 PM

I don't always get them right in my sleep but a lot of times I will wake up with a panic attack and I'll have a night terror because of them. Other times I'll wake up crying.

I think it would help if you did some things to reduce your anxiety before going to sleep. You could benefit from keeping a schedule of things to do before sleeping if you don't already have one. Coloring or drawing reduces anxiety and you can do that before you go to bed. You can also read to keep distracted. You can do some breathing exercises, listen to music or nature sounds, put on some hand lotion, or anything you find calming. If you have some calming items you should consider keeping those by your bedside. You can also keep a journal to document any nightmares you have. If you are able to wake yourself up during the panic attack, I suggest putting a light on and taking a few deep breaths to steady your breathing. It's really important to focus on your breathing when you're struggling with anxiety.

Hang in there.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Wastedtime1123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Trace

Re: Panic attacks while sleeping. - December 16th 2015, 05:18 AM

Yeah I get that way, I always wake up in the middle of the night freaking out because my room is too dark and I cannot see and feeling like I'm trapped in a room. But the best thing you should do is to try not to think about it, read a book at night, play your favorite game just something to get your mind off of it before going to bed.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Panic attacks while sleeping. - December 16th 2015, 05:51 AM

Hello Kaliope!

I do suggest reading a nice calming book right before you sleep as the sort of material/information that your brain absorbs right before you sleep will certainly influence your dreams, as well as your state of mind within the dreams itself. Dreaming is a profound world that is hard to control.. but the happier/calmer you are when you enter a dream, the more probably that the dream itself will be happy or positive.

I hope this helps and sweet dreams!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread