TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
myra Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Confused - December 13th 2016, 04:05 PM

Hello, I'm new to this place and I really want some help..
It all started when I was younger.
I was between 6-8 years old when I was diagnosed with Adhd, so there's that. I used to make up a lot of things, (I still do sometimes) but now I'm feeling like shit because of them. I'm from Asia and I've been really wanting to go to America, (my dad already lives there) and the reason why I'm here is because I already told my close friends and mom (dad would just send me at a hospital and that can't happen) and.. what they said made me feel worse... I don't know, my mom made me feel worse, and I just felt guilty towards my friends because they already have their own problems. So, I've been having these weird episodes(idk whag else to call them) during summertime, my mom was out and I began hearing these weird noises. They sounded like they're talking but I cant understand what they're saying.. a few weeks after school, we were in uber and I completely panicked. My mom and friends knows this but I don't feel like they're taking it seriously... which makes me think that i might have just over reacted or smthg... I was also with this guy a year back, but when he first told me he liked me I began shaking, I also felt cold and stuff, it happened again when we broke up (which was embarrassing cause it happened in the court) (I also cutted once or twice because of that) I'm not really sure if it's what started the whole thing or not.. but during this school year, I've been finding it really hard to stay focused, we had a declamation thing (which I am normally good at) and I totally flopped, even though I had the thing memorized I ended up crying infront of everyone because i felt so nervous, and my teacher had to hold me up a day so I had to redo it the next day. And there's the one just last week, I began to feel panicky for no reason, then there's the one right now.. I don't know who else to talk to.. I don't want to end up ruining my future... I feel like I'm over reacting or smthg... and I also feel like if I tell someone else besides those close to me They're gonna think i'm faking.. hell, I already think that they think that I'm faking... hell, sometimes i think that i'm faking... honestly i just really want someone to talk to.. because 2015-2016 has been really shitty for me... and this isn't the first time I've talked online about it... and im trying so hard not to give up, since I know others have it worse than me... Can someone just tell me what's happening to me?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Confused - December 15th 2016, 11:34 AM

Hey there (and welcome to TeenHelp!)

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment and that what others, including your mom, said made you feel worse. Even though your friends may have their own issues to deal with, I'm sure they don't mind trying to help you!

It sounds like you've been experiencing a lot of different things, from hearing noises, to physically shaking and feeling cold. We can't diagnose you as we aren't professionals but if you have been feeling anxious, the physical symptoms may just be your body reacting to the anxiety. Anxiety can also make it harder to concentrate on things, and when we feel anxious for a while, it may turn into a panic attack, even if we don't know for sure what made us feel anxious in the first place.

The good thing is that anxiety, and most other mental health issues can be treated, so you shouldn't have to worry about it getting in the way of your life and your future.

I think it would be good if you can open up to the people close to you, but perhaps it might also be worth talking to your teachers and a school counsellor (if you have one). You could also go to your doctor and let them know what you have been experiencing too. Whoever you tell, make sure it's someone you trust and feel comfortable with. No-one should say that you are faking it, or make you feel worse, or dismiss your worries. If they do, they probably don't understand how horrible anxiety can make you feel. Even if you do unfortunately get a negative reaction from someone, don't let that stop you from continuing to reach out for help. You aren't faking these things either. Your feelings are real and if it bothers you, then it's good to seek help and talk about it. Also, it's no use comparing other people's lives to yours...just focus on yourself and reaching out to others like counsellors who can help you.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
myra Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Confused - December 17th 2016, 06:03 AM

Hi Celyn, thank you for the support. I am slightly doing better now as I decided to talk just talk to someone, I haven't told them anything like the thing I've posted from above, but its a start for me..I'ved also realized that broadway helps me relax when I begin to feel cold and stuff, so tthats good

(#4 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Confused - December 28th 2016, 09:22 AM

Research "Sympathetic Nervous System (SNS) and Parasympathetic Nervous System (PNS).

SNS is the "Fight or Flight" state. PNS is the "Rest, digest, restore" state.

In the SNS state, the brain frontal lobe literally shuts down (because who needs to think when you're being chased by a tiger?). The frontal lobe is where rational thought resides. Thus when frightened one can't think.

The trick is to learn mental exercises which switch off SNS and switch on PNS. This is what Mindfulness Meditation does. Learn that, and in a few months your anxiety should decrease.

Would also be good to learn as it can help avoid developing schizophrenia. (The audio hallucinations, hearing voices, may be an early sign, though it's not enough to go on. Just keep it in mind and let's hope it's not.)

Alternatives to meditation are yoga, tai-chi, qi-gong. Those combine mindfulness with motion.

Best wishes. (My battery is getting low so I'll keep this short.)

Closed Thread