TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Leslie

Help me....I'm falling apart - July 23rd 2017, 09:21 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I hate living with my Anxiety it really sucks. I take meds for it but I wish it wasn't so heavy. Sometimes I wish I don't want to exist. It takes a huge part of me. I have fear losing my husband. I have huge anxiety of Separation. I hate life sometimes. I mean I'm happy but showing a "Fake Smile" doesn't always seem to work. I've tried numerous of things to help me. Today I feel like I want to run away or die. It really sucks. It's so hard to explain it to others. Sometimes I wish they could be in my shoes to see what I go thru everyday from the time I get up & the time I go to bed. Why??? Can't I stop suffering and live my life???

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

You learn at a certain pace. Then that pace goes away. Then

you try and try to do everything you can. Then it gets harder.

Then you give up. Then its all over.

Leslie
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lovehatelife23 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Help me....I'm falling apart - July 26th 2017, 02:02 PM

Hey Leslie,

Sorry to hear you are struggling so much with anxiety! I can empathise that it must be very hard for you on a day to day basis and it's very understandable that you wish these feelings would just go away.

You mention that you are on medication and I'm wondering if you feel they help at all? If not, maybe it's worth talking to your doctor or psychiatrist to see if the dosage can be changed or perhaps you can try a new medication.

It must be very difficult for you to fear losing your husband and in general feel that you have separation anxiety. You mention that you have tried things and I'm wondering what you do in those moments when you are anxious? I think it can help to realise that your emotions are not facts and that what you fear (losing your husband) may not be true. It can also help to distract yourself, do something that you enjoy, or talk to someone when you feel anxious. Does your husband know about your fears? It can help to talk to loved ones about your fears so that they can try to reassure you. But you also have to make sure that you can reassure yourself that no-one is leaving you, as this fear may be more to do with you, than with other people.

Trying to be happy and having a 'fake smile' can be exhausting, especially since you may not feel this way at all but others might assume you are happy. How would you feel about letting your guard down once in a while and letting others know how you really feel? It can be scary to open up but it can help when others realise that you may be struggling and could do with support rather than trying to keep it all bottled up inside of you!

You say that you'd like others to be in your shoes to understand what you feel, and it sounds like you perhaps feel misunderstood at times? It can be difficult to try to tell someone how you feel, especially since feelings can be difficult to put into words sometimes. Have you considered finding creative ways to do this, such as using metaphors to help describe how you feel? I liken myself to a sensitive car alarm or smoke detector when the slightest thing may trigger me to panic when there isn't much of a reason. Also, I'm wondering if you have had or would consider trying counselling? Counsellors can be great at empathising and understanding where you are coming from, and they can allow you to explore your feelings and help you to communicate them as well.

Life with anxiety can definitely be overwhelming at times. But that's no reason to give up (even if it feels that way!) It is possible to learn techniques to manage your anxiety so that it affects you less and you are able to live your life that you want to. Remember that anxiety is a feeling and while it can feel awful and disabling at times, when you push through you can realise that whatever you are worrying about, is unlikely to be true (and if it is, you have the strength inside you to get through it).

Take care

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread