TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety and Stress This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
itzz.casper Offline
~Unicorns~
Average Joe

Name: Casper

Points: 9,728, Level: 14 Points: 9,728, Level: 14 Points: 9,728, Level: 14

My Classes is Giving Me Social Anxiety. - September 26th 2017, 01:29 PM

So Im bipolar and also have multiple personalities
So I switch constant

And im in high school, joy >.>

So right now im in one of my classes right now and its really giving me back my social anxiety. I feel like im embarrassing myself, and im not even talking.

My fear level is extremely high. And im not comfortable sitting around people that I have no connection with and or people behind me.

I dont know im just freaking out and I tried talking to one of my teachers and she said ¨No Casper, I mean I cant keep up with you, Im already dealing with your OCD now this Social Anxiety, Im sorry Casper I just cant¨

And my school is a C+ school so its not the best school.

Like I said im just really freaking out.

Any advice I guess is appreciated.

*have a good day where ever you are*

I'm not looking for sympathy, just understanding- Jacoby Shaddix <3
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: My Classes is Giving Me Social Anxiety. - September 26th 2017, 03:59 PM

If you are in the USA the school is required by law to work with you. However, if you are going to a crappier school you are likely going to have to fight for that help. And, seeing as you are a teen and not an adult you will likely need a parent to do the fighting.

In elementary school I went to a pretty low ranking school and I had difficulty getting help that I needed. One teacher refused to help my parents get me into RSP (help with reading) and basically said the reason I struggled in school was because I didn't listen. They had to fight to get me the help I needed because without the teacher it was a long and more involved process.

So, this is likely something that your parents are going to have to deal with. Because, the school is required to work with students who have any type of learning difficulty or medical problem and that does encompass mental health problems as well. They could set you up an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) for the mental health problems. I was actually set up on an IEP in my senior year for my mental health issues and that helped me get into a program run by the county.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,744, Level: 47 Points: 108,744, Level: 47 Points: 108,744, Level: 47

Re: My Classes is Giving Me Social Anxiety. - September 26th 2017, 08:09 PM

Hello,
I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this right now. When you are going to school, you want to go and have fun, learn new things and not be stressed out with everything out. I am also truly sorry that you're teacher was like this with you, no matter who you are when you are going to school all of you're teachers should help out early student in the class no matter what. And it doesn't matter what kind of school that you are going to go to. All teachers should be helping everyone, and if you or anyone else in the class has a learning disabilities, it is by law like the person above saying that they have to help out that student or students and get them the help that they need and extra help no matter what. Can you go to you're school counselor and let them know what is going on and what happened when you told you're teacher about this? Also you need to let you're parents know as well, because they are going to have to come in and help and get you the extra help that you need that you are not getting.
Also do you like drawing or writing? Because if you like either of these when you're in class and you are getting upset or you're starting to get stressed, you're not sure what to do, you can have a small notepad with you or book and you can draw and write a small story or poems to help calm you down. Or you can try doing this to help. I really hope that you will be okay.
Hugs.
Closed Thread