TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
On hiatus
Average Joe

Unhappy Help! - April 1st 2018, 11:01 AM

I've been on medication for my anxiety for a few months now, and it's really helped. I've actually been feeling pretty good and mentally stable recently, but now I've run out and I'm terrified I'm going to relapse. The tablets were supposed to last me until my next appointment (which I think is on Tuesday) but they must not have given me the right amount. It was my own fault, I knew I was down to my last few tablets but I kept forgetting to tell my parents. I eventually told my mum when I realised that I had completely run out, and she said I would have to wait until my next appointment as I need a prescription from the doctor to get them from the chemist. Its been two days since I last took my medication and I didn't sleep well at all last night, I think this is why I'm starting to feel ill. I can't even get myself out of bed but I've got so much to do this week. I've got two college assignments to finish during the Easter holidays, one of which I can't start yet because I need to go into college to do it. I was going to go in on Tuesday but if it is the same day as my appointment, I might not be able to. I'm also panicking because I've bought tickets to a fair but the friend who I was hoping to go with hasn't yet told me if and when he can go (the fair runs for two days. I gave him both dates and told him to let me know which day we can both go), but I don't want to keep bothering him by constantly texting (he still hasn't replied to my last text so he's either forgotten to reply or not seen it yet) and I try not to call him in case he is at work. It's also my best friend's birthday next week and I'm worried I'm going to forget. We live in different countries so I can't really get her anything but we usually draw something and send it to each other on our birthdays. I want to draw her something so badly because she always draws something for me on my birthday, but I just don't know if I'm going to have the time or motivation to do it. I tried to draw something for her last year but I was so busy it took me several months to get it done and send it to her.

Sorry, this got really long...I just needed to get it off my chest. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

On hiatus

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Help! - April 1st 2018, 03:20 PM

No need to apologise! I'm glad that it helped writing things down and getting it off your chest!

Try not to beat yourself up about forgetting to remind your parents that you were running out of medication. Many people find that they forget and have to go without medication for a little while until their next appointment. Is it possible to go into the chemist and explain the situation? I'm not 100% certain, but it may be possible to get some medication, which the chemist will take out of your next prescription. I could be wrong (as they might not do this if you are waiting for a review of your medication) so don't quote me on that, but there's no harm in asking. Although, it is good that you'll be having an appointment soon, and I'm sure when that gets sorted, you'll be feeling a bit more relaxed!

College assignments can definitely make life stressful, more so if you are anxious and worrying about how you are going to do anything when you don't feel up to it. Try not to panic and instead, break things down into smaller steps. You might not be able to make a start on one assignment yet, but what can you do whether that's the other assignment or preparation for the assignment? Try and do a little bit everyday so it's not overwhelming.

Sorry to hear that your friend hasn't got back to you yet regarding the fair. It's understandable that you don't want to bother him, but if it gets closer to the date and you are still unsure, there's nothing wrong with dropping a text just asking to let you know when he is available to go to the fair.

I'm sure you won't forget your best friend's birthday. It's lovely that you both make such an effort for each other's birthdays even if you are in different countries. But try not to put so much pressure on yourself, if it's causing anxiety. I'm sure whatever you do for your best friend, she will appreciate it, even if it turns out to be a late present! I'm sure she wouldn't want you to get stressed out

It's good that you are being treated for anxiety. I'm wondering if you would consider talk-therapy/counselling? A CBT counsellor may be able to help you learn to recognise your anxiety triggers and help you to deal with them, and this can be helpful in general, but more so if you find yourself without medication.

Take care

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
On hiatus
Average Joe

Re: Help! - April 2nd 2018, 10:41 AM

Thank you, I'm feeling a lot better now. I was probably worrying more than usual due to lack of sleep.

I have started one assignment and should be able to start the next one tomorrow as my dad has offered to take me to college. I still haven't heard from my friend yet but I will probably see him in person either next weekend or Monday so I will be able to ask him then. I've also set a reminder for my friend's birthday so hopefully, I won't forget. Maybe I can draw her something in the summer.

I have spoken to a CBT counsellor in the past as well as the counsellors at my college and they were very helpful so I might consider it again in the future.

On hiatus

Closed Thread