TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ImaginedReality Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Anxiety problems again - June 23rd 2010, 09:09 AM

Well a couple of years ago I had bad anxiety problems constantly but it's been okay for a while. I actually felt free of it, but now suddenly I'm getting anxiety again for no reason. I'm not really stressed out about much...I think it just happened when I didnt have anything to do and my mind just wanders and now its driving me crazy again. I'm scared of having anxiety again, it always felt like I was gonna die or go crazy..i dont have anyone to talk to about this, its too embarrasing. Does anyonne else go through this?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
JackOffJill Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Karyn

Re: Anxiety problems again - June 23rd 2010, 11:41 AM

I can relate. I am always scared that my anxiety is going to paralyze me again to the point where I cant go to school or leave my house. I dont want my anxiety to control me and Im scared that if I cant stay strong all the time that it will take control. I think that your fear is a legitimate one because anxiety is really a scary thing.

Do you see a therapist or anything for your anxiety?
I wish that I knew how to be more helpful. But if you ever need to talk, please feel free to PM me. I understand anxiety and the problems that it causes and the pain and scariness of it. You arent alone through this even though right you might feel like you are. You're not alone because I am here- that probably doesnt mean much but its true.

"Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself and become a new person." -Gerard Way
  Send a message via AIM to JackOffJill  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
smiles_and_such Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Anxiety problems again - June 23rd 2010, 01:10 PM

heyya (:

Well I understand where you're coming from. But by being fearful of getting anxiety back, it's going to lead you into an endless cycle of anxiety in and of itself. I think with this sort of thing, therapists would be highly equipped in dealing with your fears and might give you strategies on how to get rid of them all together.

Btw, I also have anxiety, but it's more social. I get extremely fearful in social situations and public speaking. you have to keep reassuring yourself that everything will be fine.
We only have one life to live and we shouldn't live it in fear.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Re: Anxiety problems again - June 23rd 2010, 02:59 PM

The problem for me was that I dwelt on things that I thought would make me nervous, which inevitably made things worse. What helped me was making a list of things that got me into such a state and write down why I was so worried - like what did I think could rationally go wrong? What was so threatening about it?
For me it was public situations, parties, cinemas...any kind of situation where I felt trapped. In reality, I realised that if I was really uncomfortable I could leave, and no-one would stop me, but usually once I'd reasoned about how silly my paranoia was, I enjoyed doing whatever I was doing.
There's nothing to feel embarrassed about, it can be quite debilitating - I'd cry, throw up, pass out, anything to try and escape it - and overcoming it is difficult. You just need to find a method that works for you.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stacey Offline
BrokenInsanity circa 2004
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stacey

Re: Anxiety problems again - June 25th 2010, 01:23 AM

You just described everything i'm going through right now myself. I only just got diagnosed about 8 months ago with anxiety, but I was having general symptoms for years, but it has been okay for about three months. Three weeks ago, it hit me again and it feels worse than ever. I think I'm going to die all the time, and i've been getting panic attacks usually once a day. My doctor recently suggested I try Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, which I'm going to start soon. If you feel like the worry about your anxiety coming back is debilitating you, you may want to speak to your doctor about CBT or other treatment options. The good thing about CBT for someone with anxiety is it's a treatment option that you will usually only have to do for a few months and you're learning coping strategies that you can take with you for the rest of your life. If you ever need to talk, feel free to message me.

"Remember what you're worth
Remember you're worth fighting for
Remember you're not a punching bag
Remember you're not a doormat
Remember you are valuable
Remember you are repairable
Remember you matter
Remember they don't."

-jwh

(#6 (permalink)) Old
whosthatgirl Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Joanie

Re: Anxiety problems again - July 6th 2010, 08:48 PM

I can relate. A few years back when I was a junior in high school I missed two weeks of school due to bad anxiety. Ever since I've been able to cope. Now though I started a job, that's pretty stressful at times and fast paced. I've been able to deal up until these last few days. I've been feeling like I want to quit so bad because how anxious I get at work and I'm so scared I'm going to have an anxiety attack at work or something and I can't just stop when were in the middle of a rush. So I'm at a pickle at what I should do.

Labyrinth <3
Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City

Closed Thread