TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AshleyL. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

my anxiety is too much to handle sometimes - October 15th 2010, 03:08 PM

Hey guys, my name is Ashley. I just joined here a couple weeks ago because im kind of having a hard time and I just needed someone to talk to. My problem is my anxiety. Im 15 and im in high school so people say its normal at this age but to me I don't feel like it is. When I try to go to sleep at night, I just think about all the bad things; things that go wrong, people close to me dying, failing tests, doing bad in classes, all of that. I lost a friend in March of 2009, so ever since then I've seen that people I know could die. Everything just piles up & then I just can't sleep, ill try & think of the good things or just not think at all & sometimes that'll help.
My anxiety attacks usually happen when im about to take a test, when I feel like im gonna run out of time for something, speaking or being in front of large crowds of people, or just being stuck in crowded places. Im the type of person who will use the least crowded stairway in school just to avoid hallway traffic. That's another issue, my social anxiety. I guess its all part of my anxiety in general. I've had problems like this ever since middle school but I just thought it was a phase & it would get better. Now im getting older & im seeing that's not happening. Im sad a lot of the time & I feel like im missing out on my life because of that sadness.
I don't really have anyone to talk to about this because I know my friends wouldn't understand. I guess its the loneliness, that's the worst part. I mean I can tell my friends that im having a tough time & they'll say "don't worry" or "its gonna be ok" and I know that they just want to help me but it doesn't help. I don't feel like its gonna be ok. I don't know what to do anymore. Its all so overwhelming. I try to stay positive but it never sticks. I don't want to tell my mom its become this bad because I know she worries about me as is & I don't want to stress my family out, especially her.
I see that I need help, I can't do it myself. I really don't mean to be this way, I just.. I can't help it. People don't get what im going through, most take my anxiety for complaining & they take my social anxiety as being anti- social. They don't understand, they just judge & that kind of hurts my feelings a little bit. I don't mean this way, I just.. I can't help it.
--mscynical22

Last edited by AshleyL.; October 15th 2010 at 09:04 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley (:

Re: my anxiety is interfering with my life - October 15th 2010, 07:49 PM

Hey Ashley,

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have major social anxiety, almost to the point where I feel like I would rather die than be sitting in a class full of people that don't know my name. Like yesterday in my spanish class a girl asked me where I came from, and that she had never noticed me before. I couldn't tell if that was a good thing or a bad thing. I was blending in, but to the point where no one knew I existed?

Anyway, with my anxiety I try to just stop myself when I'm starting to feel anxious. If you're too stressed out with homework, or school. Just stop a minute, and take a break. Then go back to it when you're not as overwhelmed. And I honestly wish I could tell you how to deal with your anxiety when you're in crowds, but I haven't figured out a good way to do that yet.

Ashley
  Send a message via AIM to awkwardjellyfish  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: my anxiety is interfering with my life - October 15th 2010, 08:20 PM

If you think it's interfering with your life, then you should go to a counselor and see what can be done about it.

Take care

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Iliketrains Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jessica

Re: my anxiety is interfering with my life - October 21st 2010, 01:28 AM

just think of

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Iliketrains Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jessica

Re: my anxiety is interfering with my life - October 21st 2010, 01:29 AM