TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Scary obsessive thoughts - January 9th 2011, 10:07 PM

I think I have mentioned having these thoughts before in other threads because some people have had similar stories but anyways, for almost a year now, I have had really frightening thoughts that never go away. They can be about anything and they do change. They can range from nasty sexual thoughts to hurting or killing people thoughts. They scare me SO badly but I have not cried over them before. I have wanted to and been so close to but never done it. I have talked to my parents, friends, and the counceler about it but I still have them everyday. My parents said that they had similar things happen to them around my age. My mom used to think she was going to die young (like teenager young) and my dad thought his parents were aliens and wanted to kill everyone in his high school class. They are totally normal and sane people, they just had those thoughts when they were a teenager. My counceler said that it is signs of a very mild form of OCD. I guess people with OCD can also have scary thoughts that don't really go away. She gave me ways to cope with them like writing or excersising. Keeping myself busy helps sometimes. I find the more I have nothing to do, the more the thoughts come. I don't know where they came from nor do I know why I have them now and did not have them a year ago or before then. I do know that within the year I have had them, I have had 2 relatives die, I have made a friend who SHs and is suicidal, and have had some friendship issues. I have always been anxious but my anxiety has also skyrocketed. I worry over everything and these thoughts make me feel like a horrible person and make me worry that I will grow up to be a horrible person. I want them to go away so bad. All they do is make me feel scared and make me feel bad about myself. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help whatsoever is appreciated.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Blair

Re: Scary obsessive thoughts - January 9th 2011, 10:47 PM

Hey honey, I'm really sorry these thoughts are messing with you. I'm not sure how to make them go away. Maybe try singing a song in your head or something when they come. This is all I know for sure: you're a wonderful person and will grow up to be a more mature version of your already spectacular self <3

Just Keep Breathing

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Scary obsessive thoughts - January 9th 2011, 10:55 PM

Thanks Blair=) That is really sweet=) I will try what you suggested.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Blair

Re: Scary obsessive thoughts - January 9th 2011, 10:58 PM

Let me know how things go

Just Keep Breathing

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Scary obsessive thoughts - January 9th 2011, 11:46 PM