TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Professional Drama Queen
Average Joe

Name: Victoria

Exclamation ...what happened??! - February 2nd 2011, 10:39 PM

Okay, so I was sitting in math class the other day, and we were supposed to be having a really important test that I had been stressing over for FOREVER, but my regular teacher wasn't there so we didn't have it. But, I still couldn't shake that heart beating, shaking feeling.
Because se wasn't there, my teacher left us 63 problems in our book that she didn't teach us how to do. The sub we had was really mean, and I KNOW she hates me, so she wouldn't let me ask my friend Lizzi for help.
I started to hyperventilate(i take my schoolwork very seriously)...just as the sub was passing by.

she started to make fun of me ("Gosh, don't have a panic attack!" "Don't be a baby!!") in front of the whole class, and it wasn't just light funny teasing...it almost made me cry !
I COULDN'T CONTROL IT!! i don't know what happened, but everything went all fuzzy and i started to get really panicky and nervous and....ughh.

does anyone know what couldv'e happened?? im really confused!

"It doesn't matter if you're gay, straight, purple, orange, dinosaur-I don't care" --Darren Criss

I can brown, I can be [COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]blue[/color], I can be violet sky! I can be hurtful, I can be purple, I can be anything you like! Gotta be green, gotta be mean, gotta be everything more...why don't you like me, why don't you like me, why don't you walk out the door?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: ...what happened??! - February 2nd 2011, 10:53 PM

I think you probably did have a panic attack. Just because you were stressing yourself out so much. I have had a few panic attacks and I know that when they happen, I usually hypervenalate, feel really hot like I have a fever, and cry a lot. If you ever feel that way, take a deep breath and try to consintrate on something happy. Remind yourself that you are "doing it again" and that it will be okay.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TwilightDwells Offline
Average Joe

Name: Katie

Re: ...what happened??! - February 3rd 2011, 12:09 AM

Sounds like a panic attack. I've had them. Things will clear up don't worry.

I will forgive, but I'll never forget.
Love is something earned, not gifted.
The Fallen Angel's cry for their beloved.
~ Katie

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Professional Drama Queen
Average Joe

Name: Victoria

Re: ...what happened??! - February 6th 2011, 09:11 PM

thank you guys...after reading your responses and some other threads, i think ive determined that i had a panic attack... which is really scary because i have this feeling at least 3 times a week, usally more

"It doesn't matter if you're gay, straight, purple, orange, dinosaur-I don't care" --Darren Criss

I can brown, I can be [COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]blue[/color], I can be violet sky! I can be hurtful, I can be purple, I can be anything you like! Gotta be green, gotta be mean, gotta be everything more...why don't you like me, why don't you like me, why don't you walk out the door?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: ...what happened??! - February 7th 2011, 12:19 AM

Here is some info on how to prevent them:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Preventing...and&id=3688725

If you ever feel a panic attack coming on, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths and hang in there. Remember that you will be okay

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

Closed Thread