TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
James Moriarty Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: James Moriarty

Maths... - March 29th 2011, 07:33 PM

My maths teacher is doing this thing at the moment, where we bring in questions, or he gets some, and he chooses people to come up and answer them on the board. Since this has started, my whole maths lesson is spent with my head down and my heart pounding in my chest every time we come to a new question. My head repeats over and over again 'dont pick me, please dont pick me' because if I go up there, I won't be able to do it. I'll freeze. He'll tell me to ask for help, and I wont, because I can't. I can't talk to the class. They're all going to be laughing at me, saying how stupid I am because it's easy (they do that to everyone, but everyone else can ignore it, I can't).

I don't want to go up infront of everyone and have to talk, and work out something I may or may not know. I find it hard enough to simply put my hand up and answer it when I'm sure I have the right answer. I don't like being watched, or being the centre of attention. I can't bare the thought that people are laughing and thinking that I'm pathetic. And the teacher I have certainly wont make acceptions for me. He knows I need extra help with maths, and he doesn't care who it is or why they don't want to be there, he will make you go and do the question.

I'm physically scared of being there. I don't know what to do...If I get chosen, I don't know what I can do. I wont be able to do anything except go a shade of red that everyone will notice.

I guess I need advice and suggestions on what I can do. I honestly will never be ready to stand infront of a class such as mine. They bully people, and have in fact in a lot of cases, picked on me. I can't seriously be expected to be laughed at can I? I'd never tell him though, because he likes to get involved and I do not trust him.

In a world of locked rooms
The man with the key is king.
And honey
You should see me in a crown
Tumblr

(#2 (permalink)) Old
purplekc95 Offline
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: Maths... - April 3rd 2011, 05:12 PM

Talk to the counselour. or the principle. Cause bullying another student is not a good thing for schools ya know.

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#3 (permalink)) Old
James Moriarty Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: James Moriarty

Re: Maths... - April 3rd 2011, 05:19 PM

It's not just that. I know bullying isn't good, but I could probably over see that as it's happened all my life. I'm just scared of being up the front and making a fool out of myself. I'm terrified of seeming stupid and having people think the same, even if they don't say it. I don't want to answer a question, because my teacher will probably encourage the laughing the way he does.

In a world of locked rooms
The man with the key is king.
And honey
You should see me in a crown
Tumblr

Closed Thread