TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Anxiety This forum is for seeking advice on anxiety and stress related issues.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bayhorse321 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shoshana (Shana)

Question Help me please - July 12th 2011, 12:50 PM

I don't know for sure if I have anxiety or not but maybe someone could help.
Okay I can't go out with a lot of people because it really stresses me out. I can't even talk to people. In the mornings before school or work I get so nervous that I literally make myself sick and feel scared the whole time. I freak out when things don't go planned or suddenly my truck won't start and I have to work. Currently I am feeling sick and stressing over this last one because index my truck. I can't afford the part right now unless I go to work... See my delema? I am like shaking and it feels like my chest is tight and I don't know what this is. Or how to control it.
Any advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BlueWolf Offline
A lost wolf
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Re: Help me please - July 12th 2011, 12:59 PM

Anxiety over some things is normal, such as you're truck not starting. However, when it starts making you feel that sick all the time and it interfears that much it could be anxiety. It really sounds like you get very distressed easily.

The best thing to do, is calm down, take a deep breath, and analyze the situation. Think of all your options before you let yourself freak out. Just keep telling yourself that you're getting upset over nothing, even if it might be a big deal. If you can keep yourself calm, you can more easily come up with a solution.

As for the getting sick part, it's the same. It's your nerves. Think about all those beautiful horses and tell yourself you can make it another day. Try to tell someone about it too, and if they understand, they can better help you.

Self-harm free since 10.1.2013
"You have not failed if you learned something from it."
"Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"
"Weak heart, Dying soul, Falling apart, Make me whole, These broken blues, Peirce your being, Hide the truth, You won't be seeing."
"Deeper, Deeper, Deeper inside me I live a life that seems to be a lost reality."
"Big Brother is watching."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bayhorse321 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Help me please - July 12th 2011, 01:11 PM

Thanks for the reply. I tried to tell my mom about it but she said it's in your head and I just need to not be so emotional. She told me I was faking. It is like literally crippling and I have to like squeeze myself together to keep from like totally having a full on attack. Whatever it is. When I think of my horse it is instant stress because I have to pay for everything by myself for her and work like crazy to have enough money.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BlueWolf Offline
A lost wolf
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Re: Help me please - July 13th 2011, 03:47 AM

Yes, I see it. But freaking out won't fix anything. If you want to keep her so badly, you have to tell yourself to calm down so you can get through it. You know it'll be worth it in the end. Sadly, I don't know how to make getting through it any less painful than it already is. The best thing I can say, is try to see a coulselor or something. A school counselor could give you some good ideas that you could try out. Or a friend's mom that you might be able to talk to about things.

Anxiety is kinda all in our heads. It's the way we think, however, we can't control it. So we cannot just snap out of it or whatever. Try to explain it to her. Don't give up.

Self-harm free since 10.1.2013
"You have not failed if you learned something from it."
"Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"
"Weak heart, Dying soul, Falling apart, Make me whole, These broken blues, Peirce your being, Hide the truth, You won't be seeing."
"Deeper, Deeper, Deeper inside me I live a life that seems to be a lost reality."
"Big Brother is watching."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
bayhorse321 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Help me please - July 14th 2011, 03:09 AM

I won't give up. Thanks I really want to beat all of my problems and be happy again. It has been to long.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Dark Horse Offline
Used to be ellabella:)
Average Joe

Name: Arabella

Re: Help me please - July 14th 2011, 04:28 PM

You MIGHT have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, or maybe social anxiety or something....since you're stressing out about small things/ scared all the time and nervous in social situations. I've been diagnosed, and I know exactly how you feel! GAD more than often leads to depression if it's not treated, maybe that's why you're not feeling happy. But, then again, I've never had such a serious attack, or an almost-attack before... maybe you should look into something else? But don't take my word for it, you should talk to a proffesional about it. Try having a serious talk with your mom about it too, if I hadn't I'd still be in the position I used to be in! (which could very well have been the same as the position you're in now). Good luck, hope everything gets sorted out!!

Tears Falling Down To Lips Unkissed
Ignore Her And She Won't Exist
She's Not The Kind You'll Come To Miss

(#7 (permalink)) Old
bayhorse321 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Help me please - July 14th 2011, 04:56 PM

Thank you for your help. I will try and talk to her again but idk how much good it will do. She kind of avoids me at all costs now. Ever sense she found out about my secret. I will try but it is Also hard for me to talk to her now.

Closed Thread