TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Lifestyle and Hobbies Use this forum to discuss your favourite hobbies and interests.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shaytun Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dariush

How do you want your wedding to be? - July 28th 2010, 11:58 PM

I'm not religious and I hate ceremonies. I really want it to be more like a party. Maybe outside on a sunny day. Walking down the else dancing lol to Singe Ladies by Beyonce. That'd be great i really wouldn't want every one in tuxes and magnificent dresses. Dress nice but not dressing up.
I'd want our dance to be to Anthony Hamilton's Do You Feel Me. I wouldn't want a priest "swearing my love before god" screw that I want an Admiral or something lol. Though I don't think my wife will allow these sort of things lol.

I am the stone that the builder refused.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
facade Offline
I've been here a while

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - July 29th 2010, 05:34 AM

sounds like fun!

i actually... hate weddings.
they're so... asjkldhgfsdk!
everyone is staring at the couple,
there is crappy food at the reception.
you waste TONS of money for a one day thing;
for a dress the bride will probably never wear again;
a cake to be eaten that one time;
that reception area;
the church;
the catering;
the flowers;
the bridesmaids dresses;
the tuxes;
the DJ to play at the reception;
the hair & make up for the ladies..
the photographer...
and so much more.

i think that i want... a vegas wedding.
a spontaneous vegas wedding.
just randomly go to vegas & get married.
or randomly go to city hall.
no fancy dresses, flowers, crappy food.
just me & my soon to be husband.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
I can't get enough

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - July 29th 2010, 05:57 AM

Haha... well... I wouldn't want a huge wedding - too much money. It's just one day. I just want a few of my family members there, a few friends, and whomever few people he wants to invite. I'm not really all for a designer dress - you probably could find one just as gorgeous for half the price. I don't care where the ceremony is held. The thing that matters most is the man that I'm having the ceremony with.
And then afterward I just want a little get together with the people who came. Probably at some small party hall or something.
A lot of women want the big huge beautiful wedding, but I really don't need that. I used to fantasize about it when I was younger but truthfully, it's not about the wedding. I think that the idea of being with someone until death parts us is more exciting than any expensive wedding ceremony could ever be.

Send a message via MSN to Spellbound  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - July 29th 2010, 07:32 AM

Actually, I kinda quit thinking about mine when my dad died. It just . . . . won't be the same so why bother.

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
AmberS9109 Offline
I'll Be There For You =)
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - July 29th 2010, 03:03 PM

Ah, awesome thread I think about how mine & Stephen's would be a lot. I'm not obsessed with it but it's nice to daydream sometimes. Okay, here it is:

- The color theme would be deep red & purple.
- I want it to be outside, on a nice spring day.
- The song I'd want to dance with him to would be "Never Gonna Be Alone" by Nickelback.
- I'm not sure who my maid of honor would be.
- I want my grandpa to walk me down the aisle.
- I want it to just be immediate family and close friends invited.
- I don't want a veil, I just want a simple white dress, and I want him to be in simple dress clothes, not a tux.

And that's all I can think of right now =] lol

Two is better than one.
Amber + Stephen ♥ 11.15.09
  Send a message via AIM to AmberS9109 Send a message via MSN to AmberS9109 Send a message via Yahoo to AmberS9109  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - July 29th 2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider*man(girl) View Post
Actually, I kinda quit thinking about mine when my dad died. It just . . . . won't be the same so why bother.
I know how you feel, seeing as I don't have a dad either. You'll find a way to make your wedding special.

Personally, I don't think about mine all that much. I think more about the person I'm going to marry than the wedding that we'll have. It doesn't really have to be all that awesome, the marriage is more important than the wedding. As long as the people I care about are there and I look pretty I don't really care.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Anomaly Offline
Penguins love you
I can't get enough

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - July 29th 2010, 03:13 PM

I dont want a big wedding I think thats just a waste. All I want is a simple small wedding outside with close friends and family. No designer dress just a cute white dress and then a small get together afterwards.

Its not that important as long as im with the person I love. Me being with that person is what really matters

(#8 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - July 29th 2010, 03:15 PM

If I got married, I would want a reallyreallyreally small wedding. I hate fuss and I don't know why people spend so much money on one day.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
eaty Offline
Chat Officer

I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - July 30th 2010, 04:08 AM

I actually have two dream weddings, because i don't know what kind of guy i will end up with. Though truthfully i am not picky and would be fine with anything.

I would love to have a simple wedding outside, possibly near water of some kind. With everything simple but beautiful. With all my favorite people there. And be taken away in a horse drawn carriage.

But then the other idea i came up with last week. Is if i end up marrying another firefighter, we will have some fun with that. I would maybe try to have it at a fire station, if not then a church is fine. He would be in his formal uniform, and i would either be in my own uniform or in a simple dress. Our getaway car would be a fire truck

That is about as far as i have thought of so far. I try not to think about it too much, because things can always change.

Lead Moderator, Chat Officer and Disputes Committee Member.
PM me Anytime if you need anything.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - July 30th 2010, 05:43 AM

I want a big wedding
I want two weddings one in the Church with everyone I know and than the reception at a pretty beach with lots of people. The other one which would be the civil wedding at a beach with only two of my best friends as witnesses. I'm weird.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - July 30th 2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post

I know how you feel, seeing as I don't have a dad either. You'll find a way to make your wedding special.

Personally, I don't think about mine all that much. I think more about the person I'm going to marry than the wedding that we'll have. It doesn't really have to be all that awesome, the marriage is more important than the wedding. As long as the people I care about are there and I look pretty I don't really care.
I thought I was being stupid to think like that, so thanks for sharing.

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - July 30th 2010, 04:06 PM

At the moment I'm not at all looking at marriage, so the only plan I could think of is to have a small civil service between the two of us, elope to some foreign country for a month as a honeymoon and then on our return throw a massive "sorry for leaving you all without notice" party, thus skipping any sort of wedding celebrations altogether!
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - July 30th 2010, 04:52 PM

can't believe so many people want small and low key weddings. if i ever get married it'll be huge, expensive, extravagant, amazing food, beautiful dress, hundreds of guests, all my friends and family, great music. party all night, alcohol flowing..

i want a winter wedding. i'm quite fussy and i'll have to everything perfect, exactly how i want.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#14 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - July 30th 2010, 08:40 PM

I want something nice, maybe on the beach or in a nice field. Nothing too big, a few close friends and family. Nothing expensive either. I'd just want to finish it and move onto the honey moon . I'd spend more money on that.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - July 30th 2010, 11:29 PM

I think mine would be a large party with a small and quick ceremony. I want my one friend to officiate because I'm a jerk. Then I would want to do something other than dancing at the reception, maybe a murder mystery and have lots of board games/trivia for people to play at the tables. Maybe Rock Band. I also want decent food so I am thinking Lebanese and Jimmy Johns. Plus lots of alcohol (coming from someone who doesn't drink, but I don't care as I know other people will expect it.)

I want a theme of Halloween so everyone wears costumes. I also refuse to wear a dress over 200 and I'll find a dress I don't need altered. Plus it'll probably be silver or red or blue or black. My attendants can wear whatever they want unless it is Halloween, then the officiate has to be either a grim reaper or Dracula and I'd prefer my attendants wear Zombie makeup. Not required though.

Oh, and I'll make a garter and have something Zelda on it (probably the Triforce or the ocarina.)
  Send a message via AIM to MisplacedDreamer  
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - August 2nd 2010, 12:13 PM

I live right next to the beach, so I'd have the ceremony in the local church, maybe quite a lot of people. I want it to be quite traditional but not OTT. I'm not religious but I like churches. Or I'd have it on the clifftops - on a nice day its' a gorgeous view. I'd want the reception to be a big picnic on the sands. Chequered blankets, sarnies, champagne...different but totally awesome, maybe even a barbeque. Then a party afterwards in our local music/theatre/big event venue - the reception rooms jut out onto the sea and it's awesome.

I want a toga style dress but strapless. And sandals. No heels for me, ta.

But to be honest, if the guy I loved was standing at the end of an aisle, or on the beach, or next to a rubbish bin or whatever, I wouldn't care what the ceremony was like.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - August 2nd 2010, 09:56 PM

Dream wedding!!!!

I'd like it in a church, I'm a bit religious. (My boyfriend is athiest and has a phobia of churches, so that's not looking good :P)
My dad would walk me down the isle. If not, then my mum will give me away.
And I'd want a gorgeous dress that flattered me and made me feel like a princess. It would pull in my waist and possibly be poofy.
Hair and make up would also be important for me, because I'd want to look (and therefore feel) amazing. I'd have curls because I've never been able to curl my hair and I'm dying to have my hair curly.
DEFINITLY church bells as I am a church bellringer :P

The rest I don't think I'm too fussed about.

I'd try and keep bridesmaids to a minimum. It'd probably just be my friend Fran and my two little cousins. Could my mum be a bridesmaid? All my mates are boys!! lol As Usher's I'd have my friend Charlie, and whoever the groom wanted of course.
Flowers - simple but sweet.
Photographer - yes please.
Dinner afterwards - yeah, but a small number of people and nothing too fancy.
I don't think I'd be bothered about a disco afterwards. I'd be fine with hiring a room in a pub and having everyone go there for a drink. As long as I got to wear my dress all day, I wouldn't mind.
And a honeymoon suite hotel room for the wedding night :P

Wow, looks like I have all this pretty much planned. ^^

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while

Name: Toast

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - August 2nd 2010, 10:27 PM

!! I want a huge wedding. I'm kind of spoiled so I want everything. There would definitely be horses involved somehow... probably white Andalusian ones. It will most likely be outside, but I haven't decided where yet. I would like it to be non-religious but it really depends on whether my fiance is religious or not and we could work something out. (Though I wouldn't marry someone excessively religious). I want a big white dress possibly with a faint blue tint and it will probably be halter-top. I'll probably have flowers on my dress and in my hair. My best friends will be my bridesmaids and we will all look like the princesses that we are(Although I'll have the biggest dress ).

Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Elizabeth Offline
Just keep swimming!
I've been here a while

Name: Elizabeth

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - August 6th 2010, 04:48 PM

I want a small wedding in the Redwood forest with a river nearby. I already visited the spot.
I know that I want my honeymoon to be in Monterey Bay. I don't want to spend a lot and Monterey is so amazing.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - August 6th 2010, 05:21 PM

I'm moving this over to Lifestyle because it probably fits better there. Anyone disagrees, let me know.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
~babydoll~ Offline
Mrs. Jason Sorensen
Not a n00b

Name: Jamie Williams

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - August 6th 2010, 09:33 PM

I don't really want a big wedding, but I just want a small wedding with my family, my boyfriend's family, and a couple of our close friends. I would like my wedding to be in a church or on a beach. I really want my dad to give me away. It might be a hard thing to do, but he'll know that I'll be happy with my boyfriend. I want a gorgeous dress that I'll look good in. It doesn't have to be a puffy dress or anything really fancy. I'm not really a big fan of makeup, but I could wear a little bit on eyeshadow or something. I'm not really picky about the way my hair looks, but I want it to look really nice. I know I want my nails done, but I would know what color to get my nails painted. I don't want a lot of bridesmaid, but I know I want my 3 sisters, my cousin Fran, and possibly my friend Leah. My boyfriend can pick his best man and the all the guys he wants to have in the wedding. I don't mind any kind of flowers I have at the wedding. I would like a photographer so everyone can have pictures. I can say that I would want certain kinds of food at the wedding because I'm a very picky eater lol. I want a really nice wedding cake, but nothing too fancy. I would want some music everyone can dance to. For our honeymoon, I would like to go to Las Vegas or somewhere, but I would have to talk to my boyfriend about where he wants to go for the honeymoon.

Well, that's pretty much how I want my wedding to be

You can always PM or VM me. I'm always here if anyone needs a friend

I miss you babibear. You were my everything and you always will be

No one believes me about anything. That goes to show I'm not worth it anymore
  Send a message via AIM to ~babydoll~ Send a message via MSN to ~babydoll~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~babydoll~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~babydoll~ 
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Ocean*girl2 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Eve

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - August 16th 2010, 03:43 PM

I'm eloping.

I want to get married on the beach and we wear whatever we want. No parents, no "Invite them just because", no shower, no crap.

Hello, world

"And if you take my hand, my son, all will be well when the day is done."

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - August 16th 2010, 03:57 PM

I'd probably have a small wedding with a few family members and friends. I'm not religious so it won't be in a church.

I would like a white wedding dress though and no traditional wedding cake I hate fruit cake.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - August 17th 2010, 09:54 PM

You told me about this thread and I must tell mine!

Yes I have totally thought about just getting a white cute little dress and my boyfriend getting some nice clothes and going to city hall. It sounds so appealing at times. But we both want our family there.

Colors: Red white and black. Love black and red.
Time of year:Winter
I want my maid of honor in black and my two bridesmaids in red.
Red flowers and white ones.
I want it to be a relativly small to medium size wedding.
I want to get married outside near water and flowers and have an indoor reception. I want to walk down the isle to Pachelbel 'Canon in D'.
Then just like a fun type of party awesome reception.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Shaytun Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dariush

Re: How do you want your wedding to be? - August 18th 2010, 12:27 AM

that sounds really romantic and spectacular.

I am the stone that the builder refused.

Closed Thread