TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Friends and Family (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/)
-   -   How to explain to my parents that im a little (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/t158724-how-explain-my-parents-im-little/)

brookeelizabeth April 10th 2019 09:47 PM

How to explain to my parents that im a little

ive just recently started delving into the age regression community and i have a paci and a sippy cup and things of that nature but i feel embarrassed to tell my parents as i feel they wont except me. theyre very conservative so things like this they really are against. heLP!!!!

Celyn April 15th 2019 08:06 PM

Re: How to explain to my parents that im a little

I'm wondering why you feel you need to tell your parents? What do you hope to get out of telling them? Is it possible to explore age regression in a private way without including your parents?

It's understandable that if you feel your parents are very conservative that you would be concerned they might not accept you. If you want to tell them then it's best to think about what age regression is and what it means to you. It can also help to show them information, perhaps from the internet, to help explain things. You might also want to prepare for any negative reactions and how you would deal with that. Remember, your parents might not understand age regression and may not be accepting of you engaging in it, but it doesn't mean that they don't accept you!

Latte April 15th 2019 08:52 PM

I don't think you need to tell your parents at this stage. From everything I know about you it sounds like telling them might only serve to set you backwards more so than if you keep it from them if you're not in a place that hearing their rejection is something you can handle.

Maybe someday you can tell them, but for now I think you need to focus on your wellbeing.

I might be wrong and its ultimately you're choice but as long as you're open to feedback, this is what I think

DeletedAccount63 April 16th 2019 04:39 AM

Hey,
So I want to explain something before I get to the advice giving. You have a tag as DDLG but age regression and DDLG are two completely different thing. Age regression is done as a forum of coping, and can be because of trauma, DDLG is age play and a kink. So with that being said I have a question: Is it more a way to cope or is it an age play thing for you?

I actually am an age regressor due to all my trauma and c-ptsd. My advise would be to look into this more and read up about it and make sure it really is age regression. Once you do that, I would then try and find out who you are as a whole including your regression(if that's what it really is). Then I would figure out if it is really worth telling your parents about it. You don't have to tell them if you don't want to.

I know a lot of people in the community(from my agere insta account). That haven't told their parent or that their parent's have found out and are very judgemental about it. My grandma knows and is fine with it...But that is also because I have always been childish, and now it just has a name to it.

In the end you have to be true to yourself...If you tell them make sure you are prepared for any of the backlash that may happen, and make sure you are okay with the fact that it may happen before telling them.

I hope this has helped. If you ever need to talk I am just a PM/VM away.
Your Friend,
Frankie<3

P.s. On a side note I really hope the pacifier you have is made for an adult...If not you should look into getting one. It has a bigger teat and is suited for a teen/adult mouth.

DeborahBAguirre April 19th 2019 01:40 PM

Brilliant tips for sharing.