TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/)
-   -   What items do you frequently lose? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t160643-what-items-do-you-frequently-lose/)

hocus pocus November 12th 2020 12:27 AM

What items do you frequently lose?

I wasn't sure where to put this so I put it here. XD

For some reason I was thinking, what items do you lose a lot? I was thinking about how I always lose my lip balms. One of my friends was talking about how she never finishes them because she always loses them first!

I'd say I lose my lip balms a lot. Usually they get lost in my backpack somewhere. I use a small backpack as a purse because I like to be hand's free. I also lose my sunglasses all the time which is a pain because I have the light sensitivity thing.

I am trying to think of what else I lose a lot but my mind is blank. Maybe that's because I lost it. D:

Ennui. November 12th 2020 01:38 AM

Re: What items do you frequently lose?

My mind is blank too, haha.
I used to always lose chapsticks but I switched to just a jar of Vaseline.
Honestly I'm most likely to lose important files on my computer at this point, or specific socks or shirts. :glare:

Just Peachy. November 12th 2020 03:02 AM

Oh goodness. I ALWAYS lose my hair brush. I lost my black brush I've had since high school (10 years ago) so I bought a new one.. and I still have not found the old one. But guess who lost the new one already....? Yep. Me XD

Celyn November 12th 2020 04:55 PM

I don't lose many items. But I agree with Dez, I tend to lose important files on my computer. I was stressing with one of my assignments because I knew I had a document somewhere with something in it that I wanted to use....but I couldn't for the life of me find it. Ironically, I found it after I submitted the assignment >.<

I also had the same with paperwork too. I made physical notes too and at the start, was fairly organised, but later on the organisation went and when looking back through my notes, I'm sure I couldn't find the one I was looking for!

Not an item, but time. I lose time a lot and not in a dissociative way just in a way where I get distracted or absorbed in things when I should be doing something else (often more important stuff) :p

Clarent November 12th 2020 05:09 PM

Socks and underwear.

The more I buy, the more frequently I find myself running low on them ~~

DeletedAccount59 November 12th 2020 05:27 PM

Like Dez and Celyn said, I lose important files on my computer by misplacing them or saving them in a different place from where I thought I was saving them. I do lose paper documents as well, or they may be shoved into a drawer and when it's time to look for them, it takes me forever!

Storyteller. November 13th 2020 12:37 AM

Lip balm, hair ties, cutlery (haven't seen my favourite fork in months), notebooks, charging cords, thoughts... the list goes on. :nosweat:

DeletedAccount63 November 13th 2020 01:43 AM

My phone. I loose it at least 3 times a day in the house. The other day I actually lost it in Costco but got it back.

hocus pocus November 15th 2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horsefeathers. (Post 1357962)
Lip balm, hair ties, cutlery (haven't seen my favourite fork in months), notebooks, charging cords, thoughts... the list goes on. :nosweat:

Yes, hair stuff! I do that too. Usually with a hair clip or something because my hair is up a lot of the time.

I lost my medication a few months ago (of course a 90 day supply too) and luckily insurance paid for another bottle because I never lost it before. :nosweat:

Also not me but my cats have this favorite toy and we get them in bulk because they lose them under furniture and whatnot so when we move something for the sake of moving it or to clean under it there's 10+ toys underneath.

There was something else I am going to see if I can remember it.

hocus pocus November 18th 2020 12:28 AM

I remembered. My house key. I have one attached to my car keys, but I have another one on its own key chain and I lose that. I actually left it in the door overnight last week because I got distracted when bringing groceries in. :whistle:

Except it doesn't matter too much because the door malfunctions sometimes and I don't always have the strength to unlock and open it.

Arabesque- golfing girl. November 18th 2020 12:13 PM

It's always my mascara. I think because my blankets are pink and the bottle of my mascara is pink too, I can't find it a lot of time:) Maybe I should pick a different color bottle of mascara:)

Dawn. November 20th 2020 08:07 AM

My hair ties. :glare:

NeuroBeautiful November 22nd 2020 08:56 PM

I lose my train of thought a lot. For comfort I tell myself "leave it alone and it will come home wagging its tail behind them" I also say this to someone who forgets what they wanted to tell me and people usually find it comforting or at least cute/funny and it eases the stress

DeletedAccount53 December 9th 2020 09:26 AM

I used a front room that overlooks the front garden and gate, and made it into an office, facing the gate to intercept Postman Pat and 'religious bodies' from pestering us.

In there I study, do accounts, general admin. On my desk, really an oak fold-down console table are several piles of books (History, English Lit, Accounting, Calculus (calculus is evil!), recipe books - but -

I used to lose sellotape, scissors, pens, pencils, SAKs and my journal.

I've made a hiding place for thems. Me-no-tell-here-lest-family-read-and-find-out. :bleh:

(Message to Maman, buy yer own!)
SAK: Swiss Army Knives

hocus pocus December 10th 2020 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Radio Flyer~ (Post 1358439)
I lose my train of thought a lot. For comfort I tell myself "leave it alone and it will come home wagging its tail behind them" I also say this to someone who forgets what they wanted to tell me and people usually find it comforting or at least cute/funny and it eases the stress

This is so sweet, I think I am going to start telling myself that! ^.^