TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Lifestyle Use this forum to discuss your favourite hobbies and interests.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Metal♥Lover Offline
Looking For Someone Like Me.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: April

Please Help, I Need A Life - September 6th 2010, 02:53 PM

Hey guys, just wanted your input here.
I have a problem that's been bringing me down for a while now. I don't have a life. My normal day consists of waking up, going to school, coming home, doing homework, eating dinner, showering, internet, then going to bed and the whole cycle starts all over again the next morning. Saying that I'm bored with life would be an understatement, that's how much this is bringing me down. I live in a small town that has nothing special, just some abandoned buildings that are ready to fall over and a library. That's pretty much it. Nothing else except for some houses.
Yes, I do have friends, if you're wondering...but no, I can't go and see them even though they live in the same town as me. The reason for this is that my mom has this rule that she HAS to meet my friends' parents before she'll let me see them outside of school. I don't mind this rule, beside the fact that she never takes the time to actually meet my friends' parents. So I can't see my friends outside of school until my mom decides she wants to meet my friends' parents. So I'll be waiting a while on that one.

I just don't know what else I can do. I'm always bored as hell, especially on the weekends and during Summer vacation. There's nothing to do in this town, as I've said before. I can't see my friends outside of school. So what the hell am I supposed to do exactly? The only forms of entertainment that I have are the internet and reading books, which I am actually getting tired of both very quickly. I also can't get around to certain places because my parents don't even have a car anymore. I'm stuck here, with nothing to do, and it's eating me up. I know I need help.

♥Check Out My Social Group ♥.::For The Imperfect People::.♥

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Crazy Filmmaker Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please Help, I Need A Life - September 6th 2010, 06:15 PM

your a teen be a rebel and just hang with your friends jk

but really just ask your mum to see if she would let you hang with them without meeting the parents, or just hang out with your friends without your mum knowing.
maybe start writing music if you dont wanna break your mums rules.

when i was really bored and everyone was busy id go to a relaxing place and just write music.

Young man control in your hand
Slam your fist on the table
And make your demand
Take a stand
Fan a fire for the flame of the youth
Got the freedom to choose
You better make the right move

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lexical Gap Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: Please Help, I Need A Life - September 6th 2010, 06:57 PM

Practice witchcraft? D=

Couldn't you just tell your mother that you're going to be home a bit late after school and hang out with them then? Or invite them round to your house so your mother can get to know them?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Metal♥Lover Offline
Looking For Someone Like Me.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: April

Re: Please Help, I Need A Life - September 6th 2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.14159265358979323846264 View Post
Practice witchcraft? D=
Pffft I already do

♥Check Out My Social Group ♥.::For The Imperfect People::.♥

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: Please Help, I Need A Life - September 8th 2010, 11:44 AM

I totally used to be in your shoes, except it was my dad and he didn't let me leave the house besides school.

In my honest opinion, usually I would say listen to your parents. BUT I would just hang out with my friends anyways after school. Say you have some stuff to do after school (that's what I used to do) or a school project you need to do at someones house.

I let the concequences come later. Honestly, what is the worst your parents will do to you besides yell and ground you for a bit?

Just don't get into drugs, drinking, etc then I will feel completely awful for telling you to do this.

Go out and have a life!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
mckay Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please Help, I Need A Life - September 8th 2010, 11:51 AM

Hey sweedie,

Your young hunnie and things like this happened to me, theres nothing worse then thinking your lifes boring! I know this sounds silly but I started doing things round the house that entertained me which i never thought would. Things like baking cakes, maybe you should try and get your mum to let her meet your parents, theres nothing more worrying then a mother trying to do the right thing.

But seriously If i did nt have my friends round me i wouldnt be the person i am today! You need your friends hunnie just try and tell your mom in the nicest way possible.

If you need anymore advice message me

Love Paris x

Closed Thread