TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Lifestyle Use this forum to discuss your favourite hobbies and interests.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dylanfrmcali Offline
Know that Life is Beautiful
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dylan Robert

To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 02:30 AM

I'm not sure where to put this but it seems like the most appropriate place, but anyways, two questions.

:How did you feel when you found out you needed glasses?

: Do you like wearing glasses?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 02:37 AM

How did you feel when you found out you needed glasses?
I was six or seven when I found out that I needed glasses and I felt like the coolest kid in the first grade.

Do you like wearing glasses?
I do. I mean, of course I don't like being visually impaired, but they help. They are a part of who I am. I had contacts for a little while, but they didn't suit me as well as glasses do.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jovial. Offline
Skittles Minion.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Trish

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 02:40 AM

Hey there.

It was actually pretty weird. I had always wanted glasses. Most of my family wears them and so I had wanted to wear them too. I got tested for my eyes when I was really little, but then as I got older I couldn't see the chalk boards in school, or the street signs to drive. So I went and had them rechecked. Sure enough I needed glasses.

Now as far as wearing them. Currently mine are lost. I would love to wear them if I had them though. I can't seen a darn thing without them, so I like wearing mine personally.

After all the things we been through
I miss everything about you
<3
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jovial.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
dylanfrmcali Offline
Know that Life is Beautiful
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dylan Robert

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted ❧ View Post
Hey there.

It was actually pretty weird. I had always wanted glasses. Most of my family wears them and so I had wanted to wear them too. I got tested for my eyes when I was really little, but then as I got older I couldn't see the chalk boards in school, or the street signs to drive. So I went and had them rechecked. Sure enough I needed glasses.

Now as far as wearing them. Currently mine are lost. I would love to wear them if I had them though. I can't seen a darn thing without them, so I like wearing mine personally.
I know what you mean!! so many people i know wear glasses as well, so when i found out that i'm near-sighted and needed glasses i felt so cool.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Arie. Offline
Olive you :D
Regular TeenHelper

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 03:55 AM

I wear contacts,I preferably rather wear contacts.I've never and still don't like the idea of putting things in my eyes yet i continually do it anyways,I even cringe at the sight of other people putting things in their eyes,but I do own a pair of glasses,I use it whenever i'm studying and when i do,i often have to adjusts it's frame on the sides because,sadly,i have the smallest head out there and it's tends to slide down when i'm looking down,sooo damn awful annoying.

I hope you have the strength to start all over again.- F.Scott Fitzgerald
  Send a message via MSN to Arie.  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 04:57 AM

I wear glasses, because I don't have the option of wearing contacts. (Stigmatism and a lazy eye, or something like that.)
I found out I first needed them when I was 6 - but that pair got stolen, and my parents didn't have enough money to take me to the optometrist again until I was 9. I wasn't too bothered about wearing them, although my sight wasn't as bad then as it is now, and I used to forget to put them on in the morning.

My sight has got progressively worse.

I was bullied a bit for them, but that stopped at intermediate, when kids started understanding the reasoning for them and a few "cool" kids had to start wearing them.

How do I feel about them? Non-commital. I can't see very well without them, and without them my lazy eye goes wandering off to do its own thing. But if I could wear contacts, I would. And the people I've been in relationships with have all complained that they liked my eyes and couldn't see them properly when I was wearing glasses . . . oh well.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 05:03 AM

I was in 2nd grade, so I don't remember how I felt.

I hate glasses, and I hate contacts. I hate not being able to see without doing something about it first. I seriously want laser eye surgery.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
alixthetree Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: alix

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 05:34 AM

I was in like middle school when I first got glasses and I still don't like them. Although now my eyes have gotten worse since the last time I went considering I don't wear them very often, (I wear them mainly for driving at night, and watching tv).

I don't mind wearing them when i actually do but I wish I could get used to wearing the contacts that I have. Probably would be better for my eyes anyways.

Accept and Never
Forget Only
Life Dies.

No matter the amount of negativity you're presented with...
5 minutes from now could be your best moment.
-Mod Sun

Send a message via AIM to alixthetree Send a message via MSN to alixthetree Send a message via Skype™ to alixthetree 
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanfrmcali View Post
I've been wearing sun glasses for quite some time while indoors as well as outdoors. Only recently did I get prescription glasses and I was glad because I knew if they were right, they'd make a world of a difference for me.

Quote:
I don't wear my glasses all the time so I don't find it to be a chore. I tried contact lenses but it was a hopeless endeavour so I feel more comfortable sticking with my glasses. The only compliant I have is even though they're transition lenses, the lenses do not become as dark as my sunglasses. My father often jokes that my sunglasses are as dark as walking through a dark cave since they are much darker than your basic $30-40 pair of sunglasses.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#10 (permalink)) Old
YOLO ♥ Offline
RoBsesseDirectioner <3
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Manasvi (Mandy)
Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 10:18 AM

I got my glasses when I was 4. So I don't really remember.

Yes, I do. I'm considering getting contacts, but i love my glasses. I don't like being visually impaired (duh!) but I can't do anything about it so....

All we can do is Keep Breathing...!

(#11 (permalink)) Old
The.adorable.1 Offline
I'm cool...i think
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Scratch

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure where to put this but it seems like the most appropriate place, but anyways, two questions.

A bid sad, but also a bit happy

They're cool, but I look better without them

It takes more courage to suffer than to die.

I'm here for you, no madder what happens. PM/email me anytime: onlymclarsfan@gmail.com

WE DECIDED MY BEST INTEREST, how can you know, how can you say what MY BEST INTEREST is? What are you trying to say, I'm crazy? Well, I went to your schools, I went to your Churches, I went to your institutional learning facility, so how can you say that I'M crazy? (Suicidal Tendencies)

<3 <3 <3

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 11:44 AM

I got mine when I was six or seven, and my dad had glasses so I wanted to be just like him and thought they were awesome.

I don't mind wearing them, but I would rather not need them because they're what prevented me from being a police officer.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
George^^ Offline
Hi :D
I've been here a while

Name: George

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 02:13 PM

How I felt: I was kind of happy to have glasses, I mean, now I can see clearly and all, so I didn't mind at all. Besides, I loved the glasses that I bought because they were all cool and stuff (I've had 4-5 different perscriptions in the past while.)

I actually don't mind wearing them, they're just like, a normal part of me now. I can't imagine going around without my glasses because unless something is close to me, I'm really in a blurry world. The one thing I don't like about glasses is it feels like I'm always getting a new perscription, like, I'll have the perfect glasses and then the next time I'm there for a check up, it's like... You have a new perscription, da da da, new glasses to buy and the glasses here are usually ugly as fuck and I like the pair I have now.

I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times
That I'm OK, that I'm fine, that it's all just in my mind
But this has got the best of me, and I can't seem to sleep
It's not 'cause you're not with me, it's cause you never leave

(#14 (permalink)) Old
James Moriarty Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: James Moriarty

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 03:31 PM

I've been wearing glasses for as long as I remember so I don't remember how I felt when I found out I needed them. But, it used to bother me a lot and I would go ages without wearing them, which probably wasn't the best idea.

Now I do like wearing glasses. I've gotten used to them and without them my face feels kind of naked. I think I look better with them on than off even though sometimes they're inconvenient. I'm not a fan of wearing them in the summer as much though because if I get sweaty they slip off my nose. But yeah, I don't mind very much. I'm pretty much used to them since I've worn them for like 11 or 12 years.

In a world of locked rooms
The man with the key is king.
And honey
You should see me in a crown
Tumblr

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Katie

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 06:38 PM

I've been in them since I was 18 months old, so I obviously don't remember, but my mom says I used to flip them off of my face, so I guess I didn't like them very much.

Considering that I can't see much without them, I like wearing them. I wanted contacts, but now I can't get them I think glasses are much less of a pain anyway.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012
Associate LHO October 13, 2012

(#16 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 08:40 PM

I was happy to find out I needed glasses. There was this guy who was my best friend and I was always jealous cuz he wore glasses. I don't know why it got to me, but I was happy to be wearing glasses just because he was.

Yes I like to wear glasses! I can actually see things.

"There wouldn't be a song called 'You Found Me' had God known'How to Save a Life.'"

"Concern yourself with only your matters." -E.A.W.

R.I.P. Tatyana Sawka June 20, 1998- April 9, 2012
R.I.P. Patch Herrmann January 29, 2000- Decmeber 6, 2012

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Peter Quill Offline
aka Star Lord badass

Outside, huh?

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 09:25 PM

I couldn't see the board at school & during an eye test, I scored badly or something, so they recommended I see an optometrist.

Not really. I wear contacts anytime I go out, glasses around the house.

"Come & Get Your Love" - Redbone

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Henry Tyrell Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 20th 2012, 09:37 PM

How did I feel: I was unhappy that I was getting them but glad that I could see. I was in 2nd grade

Do I like wearing them: No. I hate how they look and they have major blind spots when I'm driving. That's why I wear contacts now.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 21st 2012, 01:21 AM

1. I got mine when I was 12. I was kind of scared but only because it was explained to me that my vision was really terrible and it is within the realm of possibliity I may go blind one day. However in my most recent apointment it seems I've at least relatively platued.

2. I'm literally half blind without them, but I find I bend them alot or they fall off lots. Like I fall asleep with them on, or else my brother/dog/whatever hits me in the face (on purpose or accidentally...) they usually twist.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#20 (permalink)) Old
honeycake Offline
If you need a friend, i'm here
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: jodie

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 23rd 2012, 09:35 PM

I wear glasses I feel fine wearing them now when I was 7 I needed them wore them for a bit and every time I got new ones as a teenager I wouldn't wear them my dad used to say glasses on now xD but now I've had the set I wear for a year and I'm only suppose to wear them for reading computer etc but I wear them all the time and when I take them off I have blurred vision for a bit till I can adjust I don't mind wearing them

Darlin' don't leave me out here in the cold
I'm begging you baby don't leave me out here on my own I'll die, If you don't hold me tight Tonight, I couldn't make it outside If I tried, So please let me in lover,
Be kind ♥
  Send a message via AIM to honeycake Send a message via Skype™ to honeycake 
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Cap's girl Offline
Mrs. Captain America.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Cassady(or Cass)

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 23rd 2012, 10:14 PM

I got mine last year, i was a little embarrassed i think, but i mean you do what you have to do. I like my glasses, especially since they keep me from having a wreck
  Send a message via Yahoo to Cap's girl  
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 26th 2012, 08:29 PM

A long time ago I had to. I didn't care much either. The only really irritating thing was that I'd frequently forget them as home, school etc.

If you've got some spare time, read this:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f40-s...-d/#post631229

But don't if you're easily triggered. If you're not easily triggered then go ahead.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 26th 2012, 08:32 PM

I can't actually remember. I think I was a bit shocked I needed glasses and when it came to wearing them in school, I didn't want to but I sucked it up and did it because I needed to.

They are annoying because they get dirty a lot like when it rains or I slip and touch the lens when pushing them up or if I'm kissing my girlfriend or something and I hate having to clean them but other than that, they aren't that bad.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
tasha555666 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Tasha

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 27th 2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:

I was gutted,as i never really wanted to rely on something...

Not always some days i think they don't look to bad but personally when ever i see guys, or go out i wear contacts, hate glasses..

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Symphony. Offline
"You're the only light."
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 27th 2012, 11:03 PM

1.At first, I was a little upset.

2.I love wearing my glasses now, I really like how they look on me.

"What's done in the dark will be brought to the light."
Associate HelpLink Mentor

(#26 (permalink)) Old
MD8 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 28th 2012, 07:42 AM

1. Really did not care, was kinda relief as i went almost two years not be able to see the white board in school.

2. No, I am active play sports,etc glasses suck when you sweat. I changed over to contact lenses, the only time I would wear my glasses is when I'm watching tv or playing video games late,as i normally take out my contacts.

Side note however there are a bunch of glasses designs that i love and would consider wearing as glasses do add something to your personality. This is not the 1980s glasses are cool and pretty much a norm today.

(#27 (permalink)) Old
*~Skittlify~* Offline
You make me feel alive.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dezmaid

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 29th 2012, 12:24 AM

I was in the 4th grade so I don't really remember how I felt, I just knew that the glasses would help me, but I thought I'd look weird or something. Now I think I look SO different without them.

I'm okay with wearing glasses. I mean sometimes I hate it because I fall asleep in them or they get dirty, but I like wearing them as long as I have a nice style. I may get contacts, but I'll still wear glasses too. In fact, my eye doctor said I'll only be able to wear contacts for seven hours in a day, so I'll definitely still wear glasses. I like these frames, so I'm cool with wearing them. ^-^

The lights are out and I barely know you
We're going up and the place is slowing down
SKITTLIFY!
  Send a message via AIM to *~Skittlify~* Send a message via MSN to *~Skittlify~* Send a message via Yahoo to *~Skittlify~*  
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
Outside, huh?

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 29th 2012, 12:28 AM

I didn't really mind when I had to get glasses. It was just for really long distance stuff, so I didn't have to wear them all of the time.

Now, I have to wear them a lot more often because my vision has gotten progressively worse over the years. I like how I look in my glasses and of course how well they help me see, but I prefer how I look without them on.

Send a message via MSN to Spellbound  
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
OmNom Offline
Green Candy Eating Cutie
Junior TeenHelper

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 29th 2012, 06:41 PM

I like my glasses. Got a really cool frame that I think I look good in (although I've only heard a couple of my friends opinions who said I look fine) so whatever I need to help me see better I'm fine with.

PM me if you need anything Except ice cream. I never share my ice cream

(#30 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I've been here a while

Name: Paige

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 29th 2012, 07:17 PM

Hey,

I have worn glasses since I was about 3, so I've worn them near enough my whole life. I always hated them so I wear contact lenses most of the time but sometimes I do wear glasses just to give my eyes a rest or just for a change.

Paige

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 29th 2012, 11:03 PM

I got mine in 3rd grade, i felt pretty cool when i got them.

And no, i don't like wearing glasses, they are annoying. i wish i didn't have to wear them.

Stay strong. <3

From day one I talked about getting out
But not forgetting about
How all my worst fears are letting out
He said, "Why put a new address on the same old loneliness?"
When breathing just passes the time
Until we all just get old and die
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lumos. 
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
zumbaqueen2012 Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Mia

Re: To the people who wear glasses - April 30th 2012, 07:43 PM

I was about 8 when I got my first glasses. I was okay with it but was a bit worried about getting bullied and looking weird. That feeling soon passed

Yes, I love my glasses now...There are so many different colours, shapes and styles out there. I've been wearing them for so many years now that they have just become part of me.
  Send a message via MSN to zumbaqueen2012  
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Hallelujah Offline
Needs more cowbell.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Joanna

Re: To the people who wear glasses - May 2nd 2012, 10:16 PM

1. When I first got glasses I was irritated because they cost me a bloody fortune, but it meant I could actually see what I was doing and it stopped my headaches. [I only got mine last year]

2. I don't mind them because I picked pretty ones and I only really need them for driving/watching TV etc. The bit that annoys the hell outta me is 3D movies. HOW am I meant to wear two pairs of glasses at once? I haven't gathered up the courage for contacts yet...

Just a hop, skip and a jump.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hallelujah 
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
Debaser Offline
Tabula Rasa
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Louise

Re: To the people who wear glasses - May 3rd 2012, 01:47 AM

I got mine pretty late too. It wasn't only until i went to university, squinting at powerpoints from the back of a lecture hall and getting headaches due to the straining that i thought i should probably get my eyes tested.
I was a bit miffed i suppose, because not only am i short sighted but i have astigmatisms aswel. Although considering the thickness of my dad's lenses and that neither my brother or sister have bad eyesight i should have seen it coming really.

I don't mind wearing glasses, when you first start i swear it feels like you've just added 5lbs to your face, but i feel naked without them now and go to push them up my nose even if they're not on.
However, i hate them in the rain and when i go out drinking, just for the steaming up factor.
I've actually just bought 2 new pairs, that'll be ready on saturday. Unfortunately my eyesight has already deteriorated but on the plus side, go myself some Gok Wan frames, hahaha.

Send a message via MSN to Debaser Send a message via Skype™ to Debaser 
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
Ignite Offline
Skittles Minion

Jeez, get a life!

Re: To the people who wear glasses - May 3rd 2012, 10:34 AM

I actually was excited because I thought they were cute. However, as my vision has gotten worse and worse, it's become more of a pain.

Yes, I do. I can't do contacts becuase of eye allergies and I have an astigmatism and it makes it that much harder. However, I think glasses are fashionable. But I don't like being visually impaired. I would rather admit to wear fake glasses and be able to see a chalk board without a new prescription every two years.

Stand before the people you fear and speak your mind
- even if your voice s h a k e s. -Maggie Kuhn

Rest in Peace Peter.
Skittlify
  Send a message via MSN to Ignite  
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
aeiou Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Annabelle

Re: To the people who wear glasses - May 13th 2012, 10:51 AM

I was kind of excited, I viewed it as an extra accessory I could wear

Not really, I would like my vision to be perfect like before, but I don't really mind glasses because I don't have to wear them full time. I had contacts when I was playing basketball and I liked those, but they made my eyes dry

You'll wear those shoes and I will wear that dress.

(#37 (permalink)) Old
Sweet Slumber
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: To the people who wear glasses - May 13th 2012, 10:56 AM

I'm going to move this to General. I think it will get more responses and it is less of a health question than it is a curiosity.

Excited. I thought glasses were cool...until I had to wear them all the time
I don't mind now. I tried contacts but it's just too much work unless for a special occasion. I think I look better with glasses. So I guess they grew on me And I loved being able to change glasses yearly on insurance. Can't do it now, but I am pretty happy with the ones I got stuck with.

(#38 (permalink)) Old
Olicity Offline
Captain Iraw

I've been here a while

Name: Lauren

Re: To the people who wear glasses - May 13th 2012, 05:17 PM

I really hated my glasses, and I did whatever I could not to wear them. I hid them and stuff, and when I did wear them people from school would make fun of me. Funny I know, now I think I don't look right without them, and I've never been a fan of contacts, not enthusiastic about sticking something in my eye. I feel complete with my glasses

Love's the most powerful emotion and that makes it the most dangerous.

(#39 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: To the people who wear glasses - May 13th 2012, 05:44 PM

I was... 12. 11 or 12.
I was glad to get glasses because I knew I needed them.

(#40 (permalink)) Old
Squiggly Offline
I've been here a while

Re: To the people who wear glasses - May 13th 2012, 06:18 PM

I found out a few years back that I needed glasses and I didn't like it at all. They looked really goofy on me and felt uncomfortable on my nose (didn't consider contacts because I don't want to poke myself in the eye ) so I just stopped wearing them because it wasn't a strong prescription anyways. Now though I think it might be worse so that really sucks.

Closed Thread