TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Disneygirl94 Offline
I believe I Can Fly
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kaitlyn

High School Memories! - May 21st 2012, 09:38 PM

Hey everybody, Im writing a speech in english about memories and how its good to remember them. So please please please list off some of your favorite high school memories! Thank you!

"My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return. "

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: High School Memories! - May 22nd 2012, 12:44 AM

-Prom night.
-Meeting some of the most amazing people I've ever known.
-Rallies. (I'm not sure about your school, but we have some kick-ass rallies.)

I'll reply to this again when I come up with a few more.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: High School Memories! - May 22nd 2012, 10:16 AM

-10 people biting in a single burger/ice-cream or something.
-Sitting on desks and singing songs together.
-Bunking classes with our friends from other sections and having loads of fun.

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: High School Memories! - May 22nd 2012, 01:57 PM

-The bus rides. I had so much fun with my friends on the bus, because our driver was completely laid back about everything.

-Drama club. Oh god, some of the best times of my life, not to mention hilarious.

-Meeting Jon and having no idea at the time that I'd fall in love with him.

-Me and all the other girls putting all the guys in drama club in dresses and having a fashion show.

-that huge string of prank bomb threats in my freshman year that got us out of class for hours nearly every day for 2 weeks.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Will sterry

Re: High School Memories! - May 22nd 2012, 02:16 PM

Hmm, where do I start?

This may be a VERY long post

kid threatened to be stabbed for a pound
police at school due to an overdose
fights everyday
drugs rife
classroom doors barricaded up so teachers couldn't start lesson
things thrown at teachers
one student attacked a teacher
girls getting pregnant left, right and centre
swearing at teachers constantly
constant riots with neighbouring school
police visits twice a day to monitor school
happy slapping/dump tackling people randomly & video recording them or taking a photo
one kid brought an air rifle to school and was shooting PE pupils through a fence
tied a kid to a tree with his tie and beat him up

One of the students from a lower year went for a piss behind a tree (There were woods behind my school) and had an asma attack and died. No one found him untill a week later when a dogwalker came across the body and alearted the school. My form head was having a sexiual relationship with a female pupil, he got caught and was sent to prison.

When I was about 14 a new kid joined the school (I'll call him Gary) and although he was small and skinny and we thought he was a bit nerdy, he was a fellow smoker and liked football so he joined our little gang of six and made it seven.

After he'd been there a few days we were smoking behind the woodwork shed in the big playground when he revealed out of the blue that he could make a bomb. We all laughed at him but he kept a serious face and told us that we'd see.

A few days later he showed me a square tin with tape wrapped around it and a fuse hanging out which he had in his bag. The tin box looked like an old medicine box and measured about twice the volume of a tobacco tin. He said he was going to let it off at lunch break. The rest of us were pretty excited.

Gary brought it out with him in his blazer pocket at lunchtime and showed it to the rest of the gang. The fuse was about a foot and a half long and disappeared under the tape and into a hole in the top of the tin. He had already decided where he was going to put it - behind the big loose iron hasp which held the padlock on the woodwork shed.

We waited until the bell went to signal the end of lunch break as my mate Alan (probably the more sensible and thoughtful of the bunch) had quite rightly pointed out that someone might get injured by it. As the playground was almost cleared we started to walk away from Gary as he lit the fuse.

My stomach was turning somersaults as we queued in front of the steps to enter the school building. I looked back over my shoulder and could see the smoke from the fuse and I looked to the top of the steps to see if the teacher on duty had seen it. He hadn't. Gary was by now standing beside me smiling. Suddenly there was a huge bang, followed by the sound of metal clanging across concrete. The kids who were left on the steps let out gasps of astonishment and the teacher couldn't help but shout, "Bloody hell!!" as the seven of us kept eyes front and disappeared into the building while the crowd stayed outside to view the carnage.

It had blown a hole around 4ft in diameter in the double doors and sent the hasp and padlock flying through the air to land about 20ft away.

There was a major inquiry at the school and the Police were called. Everyone's bags were searched by the staff and over the next week or so, one by one the entire upper years were called to the headmasters office to be interrogated, but our gang all stayed schtum and pleaded complete innocence.

Gary never told us what was in that bomb. He said that his father had told him how to make it, and had sworn him to secrecy on the ingredients!!

That wasn't the last of Gary's pranks that year but fortunately none were as outrageous as the woodwork shed bomb.

He left the following year to go and live abroad with his family.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: High School Memories! - May 22nd 2012, 04:45 PM

- Climbing on the logs which have now been removed.
- My head of year singing to us in our leavers assembly.
- My head of year then crying because we were leaving - bless him!
- Pretty much all drama lessons.
- English and being top of the class. ( I know i know)
- Sitting in tutor on the last day of term singing as loud as we could to high school musical.
- Going to a uni and having a contest to see how long I could hold a spicy pepper under my tongue for with my friend.
- Taking loads of pictures in the summer.

I'll post more if I think of them.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: High School Memories! - May 22nd 2012, 05:00 PM

- Drama classes. Fo realz. My class was amazing!
- Hah. Blowing up a flavoured condom in the gym changing room and licking it with my somewhat normal friends.
- Going on a trip to France, and walking out of the hotel room to find one of the fittest guys at my school running down the corridor naked...
- Wide games. We all dressed up and did like egg and spoon races and messed around with water bombs, that kind of thing.

Closed Thread