TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Job Interview - August 11th 2012, 09:50 AM

So, I have a job interview on Sunday and while I have interviewed with this company before I have always failed to ask the interviewer questions when they ask "Do you have any questions regarding the job?"

Thing is I have heard that is is a good idea to come up with a few questions to ask the interviewer so my question is what are some general questions I could ask the interviewer?

Here are a few questions I was thinking of asking:

"What kind of benefits does your company offer?" Or "How does the companies benefit plan work?"

"How many hours can I expect to work if I am hired for this job?"

"What are some of the qualities you look for in an employee?"

I would appreciate some more ideas and if you think these questions are not right then let me know.

The main problem I have with asking questions is I tend to get an answer to them before the interviewer asks me if I have any questions. I already know what the companys benefit package is like so I usually end up mentioning that in some way and the interviewer and I talk about that. Usually the interviewer will say if the job is full time or part time so I don't know if asking how many hours I can expect to work would be redundant? Although part time is anywhere from 12-30 hours or something like that so I guess that would still be an okay question to ask?

Bah, I really want to land this job but the one thing I have issues with is asking the interviewer questions and so if I have some questions ready I might do better.

I realize I don't have to ask him/her 1 million questions but it would be nice to have a few questions to pick and choose from just in case during the interview the questions I have get answered.

Thank you in advance.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
longgone Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ,,,,,,,,

Re: Job Interview - August 12th 2012, 01:27 AM

I know what you mean, actually one time I didn't get a job because I didn't ask any questions and they felt that I wasn't interested so on my next job interview here are the questions I asked and then I got the Job on the second interview.

What is the hardest aspect of this job compared to other jobs?

When would you say is it the busiest and when is it the slowest around the business?

How do you handle security procedures such as theft?

How long is the training/orientation?

When our are schedules produced and how do we get them?

How soon can my schedule be shifted if needed?

Good luck tomorrow

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Online
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Job Interview - August 12th 2012, 04:14 AM

Questions that are almost always guaranteed to work focus on the interviewer's experience with the job/company. For example, you could ask, "What drew you to this job/company?" or, "What aspect of this job do you enjoy the most?" When the interviewer talks about a few things, you could pick one and say something like, "That's one thing I really hope to have in a job - I'm glad this job would offer that to me!" This would not only demonstrate you're interested in the interviewer and job/company, but that you're also feeling drawn to the job on a personal level. It gives the interviewer the impression that you'll be invested and work hard upon being hired. =)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Job Interview - August 12th 2012, 07:26 AM

Thank you! I actually spent some time googling questions I could ask the interviewer and I got a decent list. However, some of these questions are definitely ones I could use.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: Job Interview - August 12th 2012, 05:12 PM

If they don't mention it, definitely ask the question about the qualities they seek in an employee, or better yet, if they could hire a perfect employee, what qualities/what would that employee do/be. For my job, I asked, and we actually got into this long, casual conversation about different employees they've had and some stories about what got them into the field that they are in.. And sometimes casual conversation is really nice, it helps calm everyone down a bit and it shows that you're easy to get along with and talk to.

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MidnightMay Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Job Interview - August 12th 2012, 07:22 PM

If it a retail job ask if training will include a full of product knowledge. It helped me to know what I was expected to learn on my own and what they tell you. Where I work now they didn't teach me much about our products while you were stocking you were to learn about them.
I also asked if I was hired how many people would I be working with at a time. It was important to know because I hate to be alone on a job.

feel free to PM me...

Always keep a smile on your face and Lots of love in you heart! <3

Dont wear a mask and suffocate
take it off and breathe

Earth without ART is just EH...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Briya77 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Briya Chester

Re: Job Interview - August 14th 2012, 01:43 AM

Good luck with the job interview!!

Closed Thread