TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Green Clover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Changing for PE &.& - August 19th 2012, 09:43 PM

Thanks for all the help Err I'm just gonna delete this....and a mod can delete my thread.

Last edited by Green Clover; August 20th 2012 at 04:35 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: Changing for PE &.& - August 19th 2012, 10:27 PM

Ahh, changing for gym. My, did I hate doing that.

My best advice for you would be to change facing the lockers, not the people. Not because of your body image, but because you deserve some degree of privacy. Also, there's a certain trick to changing your shirt without letting your bra show- I think Youtube would be the best place to find something like that. The quicker you change, the quicker you'll be able to get into the gym and have some fun Good luck!

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Changing for PE &.& - August 19th 2012, 10:29 PM

Everyone eventually goes through this, I've noticed that the less you let it phase you, the less people bother you. If your locker is an issue, keep your gym clothes in your regular locker and then take them with you to gym instead, no one cares how you get them there as long as you're wearing them. If other people want to focus on what other people look like and make a big deal about it, that's their problem. If they want to waste their time and energy hasling or insulting people, that's on them. It won't take as long to change as you think and like I said, if you don't focus on how you look for those few seconds or minutes, no one else will either.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Raining Glitter Offline
Average Joe

Re: Changing for PE &.& - August 20th 2012, 03:11 PM

I know I'm late sorry!

What I did all the time for changing for gym was wear a tank top or a short sleeve shirt underneath my gym shirt. It was more out of being lazy and being cold though A lot of girls at my school just pull sweatpants over their jeans because they didn't want the chill that comes with undressing and were too lazy to undress.

I'm not sure if you have swimming in gym, but my school did. What girls would do is either race to the stalls to change, or do a magic trick underneath the towel. We'd wrap our towel around our waste and switch from our underwear to our bottoms. We would then put our top over our bra and take the bra off underneath-no flashing involved. It works with one pieces too.

Sometimes all you need to do is sprinkle a little glitter on someone's raincloud to blend them a rainbow.
Having a bad day?
Need some glitter?: Look, Listen, & Love
(note: I do not own the first two)
PM me ANYTIME if you want to talk!
I'll listen. You are not alone.

Closed Thread