TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Phantom_Girl Offline
Actual Disney Princess
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Meg

Junior year is not going to be a good one... - June 25th 2013, 02:38 AM

I'm entering my junior year of high school, and I was really excited. That was until I saw my schedule. I am not happy about the teachers I have. So unhappy in fact, I almost broke down crying.

I'm going to have the wost English teacher in the whole school. I've heard some horror stories about her. A friend of mine told me she's rude, shes mean, and treats honors classes like AP. My friend said that there is no way I would be able to finish her work, and that she doesn't accept late work. I'll spare you all the details about her, but she's awful.

I also have the same teacher I had for chemistry, but for physics this time. I had a freak attack. I hated chemistry with burning passion, and now I have the same teacher in the same room. It's going to bring back horrible memories. I thought I'd walked out of that room for the last time on Thursday. But I was dead wrong. The teacher is boring as hell, and doesn't even help or teach much. I'm so angry right now. Words can't even describe.

I'm trying to switch out of English, and maybe bump up to physics honors. But my guidance counselor isn't going to be in her office until school begins again, so I can't do anything about it until then. I've gone this this woman so much about schedule changes it's not even funny. I'd hate to do it again. But I'm not sitting through an entire year in two classes that I hate. I love English, and I don't mind school, so I'm not having my love of English and school ruined by some stupid teacher.

But I don't even know what to say to the guidance counselor. That I hate the teacher? My mom emailed her, and said I don't want the English teacher because of "Personal past experience with the brother." (Who did have the teacher) But I don't know if that's good enough. I wiggled my way out of having the worst math teacher last year, but I got lucky that time.

What do I do? Grovel and beg for another teacher or suck it up and take the class? I sound like a big baby, but I just don't want my entire junior year to be ruined by two stupid teachers.

Savvy?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Junior year is not going to be a good one... - June 25th 2013, 04:15 AM

I can completely understand having teachers you hate (I'm stuck with one now), but the thing is that in the real world you won't always have the option to only interacting with, or working under people you like. Now is a good time to figure out some good strategies for dealing with them. I wouldn't try to change your schedule yet because I don't know if the fact that your brother had an issue with this teacher will be a good enough reason for you to be switched out of her class, especially if you have a history of trying to avoid teachers that you think you won't like. Unless you start the class and have serious personality conflicts or you are mistreated I doubt you'll be able to get anything changed.

I have NOT liked every teacher I had, in fact I hated some of them, but sometimes it isn't worth fighting to avoid them, you just have to figure out how to get through it and move on once it's over. Also just because you hated chemistry doesn't mean you'll hate physics just because it's taught by the same person.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: Junior year is not going to be a good one... - June 27th 2013, 05:54 PM

I agree with what Kate has said. While getting stuck with some teachers that you've heard are awful, it might be a good learning experience. Like Kate said, you aren't always going to be working with the greatest people. You will experience times when you've got to deal with people you hate, it sucks, but we've all got to do it. Since you've gone to the counselor about changing your schedule a lot, it might be best to wait and see what happens.

In previous years I've gotten teachers that everyone has said were absolutely awful. One year some girls told me my English teacher was the worst, that he gave so much homework, and didn't except late work at all. They were right about the not excepting late work part, but this is High School and we've got to turn our work in on time. Most times if you're a good student and you forget maybe once you'll be okay. But when I started taking his class I realized he was an amazing teacher. I can see why a lot of my friends didn't like him though, he made you do the work. I learned so much under him and I was glad that I didn't try to switch out of his class. Sometimes having a teacher that's a little more strict can help you learn a lot more.

I would also wait to see what happens with your chemistry/physics teacher. You said you had him last year and he wasn't a very good teacher, but this is a different subject. He may be better at teaching this subject, or you may be more interested in this one. It's worth a shot.

I hope it all works out!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Phantom_Girl Offline
Actual Disney Princess
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Meg

Re: Junior year is not going to be a good one... - June 28th 2013, 09:40 PM

Ty guys! I know that you have to deal with these people in life. I've had my fare share of awful teachers, lol. My 8th grade math teacher ruined 8th grade for me.

But I'll see what happens when I take the class. It is legit next door to my drama teachers room/the auditorium, and if I have English, then drama right after (Or vice versa), that'll be awesome! lol. We use her room as an extra greenroom sometimes, and she seems neat and well organized. Plus, I guess I'd rather have a teacher who cares about work and is strict then a teacher who doesn't care at all (My 9th grade English teacher was like that. Don't even get me started on him!)

As for physics, I'll see what happens too. I think she does care a little more about physics then chem. Plus, she's kinda a cool person. She got us all Mr. Freezy pops once. It was awesome.

Again ty guys! I probably shouldn't have posted this thread, but the deeds been done.

Savvy?

Closed Thread