TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Decision Time - June 25th 2013, 11:18 PM

So I went in for my semi-annual review at the retail chain where I work the other day and basically got fucked by my supervisors. My immediate supervisor said that I will basically be monitored over the next two months for performance improvement, and will be fired if she doesn't like what she sees. All of this is over trivial shit that happened back in January and Feb, when we had no business (I was taking too long of breaks, caught on my phone, sitting down on the job, etc.) Now that business has picked up I've really been applying myself and have been commended by fellow workers and managers for my work ethic and customer service. But my department supervisor doesn't seem to see that and says I need to "approach more customers" and "work harder." Honestly I don't want to deal with the threats and NSA-style spy tactics.

Fortunately, I may have another option. I'm considering taking a job with much higher pay but also a greater workload and potential for complete failure. Problem is, the money wouldn't really start flowing in until next spring and there is some up front investment. I trust the guy I'd be working for, but it is definitely a risk. My savings account would probably be exhausted, but since it's in stocks that may not be a bad thing. So I guess I have some decisions to make.

1) Quit my current job (A) as soon as work is available for the new job (B).
2) Stick with the current job until I get fired or retained, then move to new job (added benefits of a potential good review from job A employer, possible detriment of having a termination on my record)
3) Stick with current job (assuming I'm not fired) and turn down opportunity.

Any thoughts?

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MidnightMay Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Decision Time - June 26th 2013, 05:54 AM

It seems like a really tough decision. I am going to say you probably make a list of pros and cons for each job. I would look and see is your job you have now really worth keeping I they treat you that way? Are you comfortable working where you do now knowing how they feel towards you in your dept.? Can you switch departments?

The new job I would ask myself something's as well. Are you sure you can handle a different workload? Is it something you would be interested in doing? What is the time you would work be compare to now?

I think weighing what's good and what's bad is your best way to see what is better.

feel free to PM me...

Always keep a smile on your face and Lots of love in you heart! <3

Dont wear a mask and suffocate
take it off and breathe

Earth without ART is just EH...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Decision Time - June 28th 2013, 06:58 PM

I would do a fourth option of looking for a new job that will offer you money in a decent time frame (like two to three weeks) while working at your current job.

The investment seems kind of shady to me. It sounds like it is a start up and start ups have a tendency to fail. My sister was involved in a start up and she had to deal with the downfall of people trying to contact the boss through her months after she left the company. Creditors wanting equipment back.

Even if you are best friends with someone, remember that you shouldn't mix friends and business. That is probably the 2nd reason why I've seen people get stabbed in the back. Number 1 is moving in together right out of high school.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: Decision Time - June 30th 2013, 01:55 AM

Maybe, but start ups also have the potential for decent money. No "working stiff" job I can get without a degree offers that without driving me insane.

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.

Closed Thread