TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Insanity Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Elliot

New job? - November 13th 2013, 04:18 AM

Hey so I am 20 and I just started this absolutely awesome new job which I adore. The people I get to talk to are really amazing and I love it. However, despite loving my work when I come to work I almost immediately get this oppressive wave of utter depression and it is very frustrating.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar and how did you deal with it? I am basically just ignoring the problem shhh I know its bad.

But anyhow. Any ideas?

"Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things." Enjoy life, you never know what's waiting just around the corner. -Doctor Who

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: New job? - November 13th 2013, 04:39 AM

I have had a variety of jobs and internships over the past six years... and to this day, there are times when I DREAD going to work. Fortunately, the feeling always goes away once I start getting things done. I have given it a lot of thought, and I think the feelings of dread ultimately come from a desire to "be a child again." Let's face it - many of us would love to ditch work and do whatever we want! I have more responsibilities as an adult, and sometimes, I don't want to deal with those responsibilities; however, once I start getting things done at work, I remember why I love my internship(s), and ultimately, being productive/having a purpose is much more rewarding than sitting at home all day and playing video games. =P

Perhaps you're experiencing something similar, or maybe there's something in particular about this job that you dread (ex. "checking in" with your boss, being stopped by customers, knowing you have a long shift ahead of you). I think it would help for you to identify what causes these feelings. Maybe you can do something before or at work in order to reduce these negative feelings, or maybe it's just a matter of adopting a different mindset/attitude (like I did). =)

Closed Thread