TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ZaraWrites Offline
#6Years #LHOperator #Skittles

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Zara

Angry Stressed! - March 10th 2014, 08:50 PM

I have my speaking and listening exam tomorrow, and I'm nervous. Well more stressed than anything. I also do acting, which I now have to be off script, and I have coursework, which I am trying to write out, and I keep messing up. I am to the stage that I am not focusing, and I'm stressing out about everything. Whenever I get stressed, I get chest pains, and then I cannot concentrate. I don't want this to be the situation tomorrow for my speaking and listening, and I honestly don't know what to do. How to I become less stressed and how to a cope doing the exam tomorrow.. I need replies to help me ASAP as the last time I got really stressed it caused me to have about 5 breakdowns. HELP ME!!!!

Books Published:
~ Dreams Really Do Come True
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones: Here We Go Again
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones: What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
~ Two Worlds Collide

Therapy, you were never a friend to me ~ Therapy ♥ AllTimeLow

SKITTLIFY!!!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eljoria Offline
I'mAlwaysHereHelping. (:
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jade

Re: Stressed! - March 10th 2014, 10:24 PM

I am here for you if you need.. Firstly, focus on your exams, and don't worry about being off script, focus on coursework. I know how it feels not being able to focus, but as you say you've been getting pains, so get it checked out..

To help you out, focus on tomorrow then when you've got time, get yourself checked at the doctors so the pain will be least of your worries then clear everything out. It's always good to make a list of what you gotta do, when I don't have things planned out like the units for my course before, the assignments were so messed up so I had to get my assistant to write each unit I had to complete and one by one, I was done within months before passing the course..

I'm here if you need more help

Jay

Live the life.
  Send a message via MSN to Eljoria  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SpecterH Offline
Average Joe

Name: Harvey S.

Re: Stressed! - March 11th 2014, 03:09 AM

Hey there -

I'm not sure if this is too late, but I hope you do well on your exam.

It's normal to feel anxious and/or nervous about exams. Everyone does. But, it's really important to learn how to cope with these feelings. Otherwise, the feeling will continuously pose negative effects in your life. And that would be really unfortunate.

Whenever you feel overwhelmed, step back and take a deep breath. Life can get really crazy sometimes, and, at times, it might seem like the entire world is crashing down and you have a million things to worry about. During these times, find an outlet to help you cope. An outlet can include exercising, reading, listening to music, talking to someone that you trust, etc. Find something that works for you and allow your mind to clear.

Good luck.

Harvey Specter
Don't play the odds, play the man.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ryanviola Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ryan Viola

Re: Stressed! - March 11th 2014, 09:58 AM

It need focus on exam rather on if you get stressed. Secondly , then also you get stress then divert your mind to something which you like , ie. eat something or interact with the friend and then take a new start over it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ZaraWrites Offline
#6Years #LHOperator #Skittles

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Zara

Re: Stressed! - March 11th 2014, 10:09 AM

Eljoria: I am now focusing more on my exam for today, and despite being nervous, I'm taking deep breaths, and thinking of what I have to do

SpecterH: You are not too late (As it is today I have my exam - You replied just in time for me to see) and I have watched a video my boyfriend made me about wishing me luck on my exams, which calmed me down a little. And I am listening to music. I have completely changed my topic, going back to the speaking and listening topic I did in 10th grade, which I got 16/16 (Thus the highest in the class and an A+) So I am going to do that. I have more notes on this one than I did on my last topics.

Ryanviola: I am putting more focus to the exam now, and I am diverting my mind to things that will make me happy and less stress. When it comes to the exam in a few hours, I will take deep breaths and not get nervous or stressed

Books Published:
~ Dreams Really Do Come True
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones: Here We Go Again
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones: What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
~ Two Worlds Collide

Therapy, you were never a friend to me ~ Therapy ♥ AllTimeLow

SKITTLIFY!!!!!

Closed Thread