TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Flora Offline
Goodbye.
Not a n00b

Name: Michelle

Unhappy Unhappy with a teacher, should I tell? - April 25th 2014, 05:57 PM

Long story short, I take A level History and the teacher treats me like I'm worthless. He recently gave us our coursework marks, and out of 25 he gave me 12 on one and 15 on the other. That's less than half marks, and I did every correction he asked, and worked my ass off. He knows that, he even put it in one of my reports! He was telling me up to the last day that everything was fine and I didn't need to add anything more, and then he suddenly decides it's no good. As far as I can tell he went thorugh it all with me the same as everyone else, yet most, if not all, got scores in the 20's on both essays. It's not the first time he's said everything was going well then written the exact oppsoite on paper. I feel so let down, and I'm sick to death of him treating me like I'm not worth the effort, yet ripping his heart out over his 'favourite pupils'. I understand teachers can have favourites, but this is taking it too far.

To add insult to injury, he told us what he expected us to come out with at the end of the course, and he told me "a C or a D, but I'd expect a D. If you don't need the grade for uni you don't have to work as hard"... Thanks, I was getting sick of having my self esteem back -.- AND WHAT KIND OF TEACHER TELLS A STUDENT TO NOT BOTHER TRYING THEIR BEST?!?!?!
He's been constanly telling me to aim low and not making any attempt to help or allow me to achieve anything better than what he thinks I'm worth. And he still has the audacity to smile at me when he walks past.

I've been debating whether it's worth telling anyone, but I'm worried they might just think I'm not any good at the subject, even my parents.. and they've seen what he's like. Even so, my marks are set in concrete and the teacher is leaving this year, so it's not like he can be fired or anything.
Any advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: Unhappy with a teacher, should I tell? - April 25th 2014, 06:06 PM

Hey there,
I think it would be best to report this teacher to someone, such as some school administrative. If you haven't already, have you told the school counselor about your teacher treating you like this? That kind of behavior from a teacher is very unacceptable. Honestly, there are teachers that enjoy tormenting students for no good reason and this teacher sounds like one of them. The best way to get over it is to talk to other people in the class, perhaps those who are earning good grades and maybe you could work together or maybe study with them?

I hope this helps and wish you all the best in getting this resolved!

~Rishy

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe

Closed Thread