TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LadySerine Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ayana

Unhappy URGENT HELP! - December 2nd 2014, 05:02 AM

I've been having a lot of problems at school. I can't turn in assignments on time, I have no motivation to do homework, unless I'm with a friend. And it getting REALLY stressful, and has been for a couple months. This started around the same time I started feeling depressed on school days. So depressed that I've started having to wear a rubber band again. I stopped cutting last year, after 6 consecutive years of it. And now, it's coming back full on. I had to give my razor to my mom. I'm thinking about asking her to homeschool me, but she is a single mom, works full time, and is studying for the B.A.R again. In case your wondering, it's a REALLY hard test that lawyers have to take to become certified. Can anyone help?

Last edited by LadySerine; December 2nd 2014 at 06:28 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: URGENT HELP! - December 2nd 2014, 03:03 PM

Hey there,

Even though home schooling would make things easier for you, I imagine it would be a bit difficult for your mum to be juggling everything, though you could still ask her.

Do your teachers know about your depression? Letting them know can be helpful as they could extend homework deadlines and provide you with extra support if you want it. You could write them a note, if you donít want to talk about it, or get your mum to back you up (Iím assuming she knows).

Since you feel that you have no motivation to do homework unless you are with a friend, is it possible to schedule some time every week to do homework with a friend? Or do you know if your school has revision/homework clubs during lunchtime or after school? If you canít, could your mum spend some time with you when you do your homework? Otherwise, it might be a good idea to plan some time to do homework on your own, but do it in small amounts, say 20 minutes a day. You can set targets for how much work you want to get done, and reward yourself when you reach these targets. Try to make things interesting by using different coloured pens and paper. Turn off any electrical things like phones so you donít get distracted. If you end up working for a long time, remember to have breaks too.

Is there anything that mightíve triggered this depressive episode? You have done so well with stopping self-harm for 6 years! Itís really good that you gave your razor to your mum, and are trying to prevent self-harm. Do you have a counsellor to talk to as well? You could talk to your schools guidance counsellor.

I also think you should keep talking to your mum about everything. You must have a good relationship between the two of you, and Iím sure she cares about you and wants to know how you are feeling and if there is anything she can do to help.

Take care

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread